ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Pro or Sportlines

Non
Hi guys

Sorry to make another one of these threads, don't feel confident after a lengthy search!

Has anyone experience of the springs mentioned? I keep reading different things; some day pro's are the best for a daily /b road blast, more comfy and handle just as well, some say they make barely any difference to a 182 and Sportlines are are much better to handle and still fairly comfortable ....

Threads from years ago say pro's were around a 15mm drop, whereas sportline were 30mm. However from looking online, currently Pro's are 30mm front and back, and Sportline are 45mm front and 30mm back.... Which is correct?

I have a 182 Cup. Keep to improve handling and also the looks, but car will be used every day for work commutes as well as the fun stuff

Cheers

BMW E36
Hey,
both springs are pretty soft, similar to stock springs. Eibach springs are made for all clios including non sport models. For non sport models there is more drop. For sport models should be like this:
EIBACH PRO-KIT
15mm drop
F: 18-27 N/mm; 160- 239 lb/in
R: 28-70 N/mm; 248- 620 lb/in

EIBACH SPORTLINE
25-30mm drop
F: 18-27 N/mm; 160 - 238 lb/in
R: 40-85 N/mm; 354 - 752 lb/in
Eibach sportlines will defo improve the looks and they are soft enough for daily driving. I don't know if you can buy softer springs.

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
I have sport lines on my 172 cup. They make the car look much better especially at the front. Handling wise they are a bit disappointing, there not bad I just didn't notice much if improvement over standard cup springs

monaco 172
Sportlines are fine, I ran them on both my clios, good drop over standard and with cup shocks handle great

Prolines don't really offer a noticeable drop on sports, but apparently handle better

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have had both and the sporline sit better, as above though both don't offer up much actual performance advantage over cup springs

I have H&R on now and although they ride a little harsher you can actually feel the difference, they cope well for road blasts and the occasional trackday on my otherwise standard 182

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I felt the car drove better on the OEM Cup springs, but obviously looks prettier on the Sportlines.
Still drives good, but for me the OEM setup is pretty much spot in for road use.

Here’s my 182 on Cup dampers as Sportline springs.

9936DC0F-C765-4F7E-844A-225B32373CEC.jpeg
7B626399-5DD9-41AB-BEC7-64B4C109BD95.jpeg

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've just changed from cup springs to sportlines and it feels the same. It just looks loads better.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Get the sportlines best mod you will do makes the car feel 100% better without ruining the ride quality.👍

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Sportlines are good for day to day driving, not too crashy and handling is decent enough for a b road blast/occasional track. Noticed the back end is quite firm compared to the wanky apex i had fitted before.

I had Mark Fish eibach trophy springs fitted to cup shocks. No idea what poundage they were, but worked very well on the cup shocks, and quite a bit lower than sportlines.

182FF - Land Rover
I have Prolines now, coming from 182 cup springs. About an inch drop and Prolines are progessive rate, so its not as low as Sportline images above but lower than cup 182. As said above, the bigger quoted drops are for ordinary Clios.
I find them great and still clears any speed cushions/bumps, but then again I do 12 car events in mine. I would see the Sportlines are getting to the point you alter the geometry and Renault did spend a lot making this car work.
Both springs are progressive so normal road manners are firm but comfy, but the Prolines work well in the lanes. Never been on a track though. Its what you want the car for, lanes, tracks, posing etc. I would not fit Sportlines as I'd wear the sump guard out!

172 Cup
I like my sportlines but not sure I would recommend them over refreshed OEM. Have an inkling that the turn in is not quite as sharp as it was before.

JayD

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 (ph2)
My 172 with Sportlines and fresh cup dampers up front had much more turn in body roll than my bro's standard 182 Cup. The ride comfort was amazing compared to the 182 though! For driving I preferred the Spax -40mm springs I had before one of the rear coils snapped. Slightly firmer but worth it for the better front end.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hello. This is my first post!
I've just bought a 172 with some very low, unbranded red springs. At a guess i'd say it's a 60mm drop. They're utterly crap and I'll be fitting some sportlines soon. Does anyone have a link to a good geometry set up that would go with them?

Bumping an old thread but does anyone know if the Pro kit is the same as the old Proline kits? Used to be 15mm drop but everywhere online now says 30?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
30mm is relative to a non-sport I believe. My understanding was it was sportline and pro kit, just the pro was often called proline because of the sportline naming.