ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach on 172 Cup - worse handling?!

172 Cup
Evening gents,

I've had my 172 Cup for couple of years now and love it.

When I bought it, it had standard suspension with RE050A on front and Toyos on the rear. It handled great, really pointy with no discernible understeer on the road.

Since then I fitted eibach sportlines, Pilot Sport 3 tyres and had the geo done to the usual settings.

I've done a lot of miles but can't keep kidding myself that it just doesn't corner as well as it used to. It feels stable but the front end lacks the bite it used to and is more likely to wash out with understeer.

Wondering if the lower springs have taken the edge off it and are affecting the dampers. Maybe it's time to go back to stock or go for B14s or similar.

Have any of you had the same?

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine has definitely improved, I had new shocks at the same time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine still handles well, I don't think the shocks were too old. But next time around unless I know the date they were fitted and visibly checking obviously, I would get new shocks at the same time.

Harder springs will show up weak shocks.

172 Cup
Thanks guys. Sounds possible. Previous owner fitted them - probably 3.5 yrs and 25k ago. One of the rears needed replaced earlier this month as it was leaking