ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

~= EGMAX - SUB BOXES =~

Anyone ever used this bloke? all the peeps over @ the caraudiodirects forum rate him as a bass Box designer god! :confused:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/efmax/123_amg.htmhttp://members.lycos.co.uk/efmax/123_amg.htm

Im taking delivery of a sweet a JL 10W3v2 soon and have been faced with the classic debate of going for

A: sealed

B: Ported

The whole reason for going for a 10 was becuase i wanted good SQ. however you cant help that feeling of wanting abit good volume / SPL too :devilish:

This EGMAX fella claims to be able to give you both of best worlds in that he can give you designs to meets both needs in one. Tho i think he charges something like £30 for just the calculations!! :eek:

Anyone ever used him?

from what i have seen EFMAX know what they are doing, so far i have never heard a set-up that they have touched sound bad

EFMAX is one bloke called Erskine Fenty, have met the dude a few times, nice bloke, really knows his stuff.

You pay him to make all the calculations and designs, but you build the box yourself. he will send you about 40 pages of details about the design and how to build the box, takes ages to read through, but you will learn alot, I did!

theres not much pointing in getting him to design a sealed box for you, as these are quite simple, his boxes are usually dual reflex tripple chamber designs,

he can mix SQ and SPL, tight bass and low bass, give it a go

Ad

Thanks adam,

I may mail him in the week to see if he can help with my SPL / SQ dilemma. whats the standard charge for the designs? It would be good if he could suggest a 50/50 balance. The other 40 pages of technical stuff i can read from his site. (Not that any of it makes sense to me :confused:). It seems people that have built JLs sub boxes according to the PDF JL host on there web site, the ported version doesnt do the sub any justice (from what people were saying anyway) If it comes to it ill just follow the sealed instructions.. i cant go wrong then :)