ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eggy air con

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Its a can of air freshner, pull the tag off the bottle close ur doors and windows and let it do its stuff, takes about 10mins. Cleans out all ya vents etc making ur air con smell fresh again. if that dont work i would get it re gased.

i know my renault garage do it, im sure others do.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I take it you set the air con to re-circulate the air going through with this air freshener inside?

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
It'll be a bacteria build up in the system. Many places that regass air con also clean the systems out too I think. Mine was doing it, took it to garage to be regassed and its fine now.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Cheers, probably take it to kwik fit to do there 10% cold challenge. Only problem is my exhaust is blowing and they will probably try and change that the second I turn my back!

Just noticed you're from Nottm too, where abouts?

Volvo S60 T5
What causes stinky air condiioning...

well you know them hot days when you sweat like a pig jump in your car and turn the air conditioning on... the air conditioning removes the excess moisture from the air which happens to be your sweat and draws it toward the condensor and it build up over time.

The stink is gone off B.O. yuk!!!

Get a tin of anti bac AC cleaner from any local motor factor, works a treat and makes your air vents smell lovely for a while, cost no more than a tenner.

Gross aint it!

What causes stinky air condiioning...

well you know them hot days when you sweat like a pig jump in your car and turn the air conditioning on... the air conditioning removes the excess moisture from the air which happens to be your sweat and draws it toward the condensor and it build up over time.

The stink is gone off B.O. yuk!!!

Get a tin of anti bac AC cleaner from any local motor factor, works a treat and makes your air vents smell lovely for a while, cost no more than a tenner.

Gross aint it!

:eek:

1998 BMW e46 323i
Tesco, the big stores, have a/c cleaning bomb things. I used one a while back. Either buy one of these or like edde says, get a new filter

Listerine & Poledo
tried one of those Comma air-con cleaners.
Fora while everything smelt "lovely" and medicinal, until it wore off and the smell came back again.

looks like time for a re-gas, will a new filter be easy for them to do too and how much would renault want for one?

tried one of those Comma air-con cleaners.
Fora while everything smelt "lovely" and medicinal, until it wore off and the smell came back again.

looks like time for a re-gas, will a new filter be easy for them to do too and how much would renault want for one?

Filter is DIY readly dead easy to do.

there about 10 though

As for re-gas ring round dealers.

RB 182 cup
check the drain hole for the evaporator should run out water on a hot day when the aircon is on if its block the water will just collect and stink