ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EE's 4G plans are out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
http://ee.co.uk/plans

All unlmited text/calls all 24 months then depending on data;

• 500MB £36
  • 1GB £41
  • 3GB £46
  • 5GB £51
  • 8GB £56

I'll wait.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sort of, the 3GB one is pretty comparable. £1 cheaper than Voda who have 2GB.

But at 40mbps+ that 3GB ain't gonna last long.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Is this in addition to our current contracts or can we swap over hassle free?

Pay monthly only. You’ll have to agree to a new minimum term on EE. You’ll need to be within the first 6 months of your plan on T-Mobile or Orange and return your old handset in perfect, working condition. Other terms apply.

Bit vague.

More here
http://ee.co.uk/movetoee

There’s no charge to move. Depending on the cost of your Orange or T-Mobile plan and the EE plan you choose, you may need to pay more than you do today.

Clio 172 cup
So where will 4g actually work?

Im guessing London and a few other major uk cities to start with?

I can imagine the 20million people in the uk who live in the countryside including myself will have to wait till well into next year, and at those prices i dont really care

Bumder With A Buffer
Sort of, the 3GB one is pretty comparable. £1 cheaper than Voda who have 2GB.

But at 40mbps+ that 3GB ain't gonna last long.

Maybe I am having a blonde moment but I don't quite understand that (seen a few people banging on about it on bookface)

For things like surfing CS, Receiving emails and other bits that I do I can't see how I would use 3GB faster then my normal 3G usage. A webpage/email is still only xx amount of size??

Last edited by a moderator:
  Leon Cupra 300
I'm missing something here too..

I'd make do with the 3GB data at £46 but i'm guessing you already need to have a phone for that? Are they not able to supply a phone?

Edit - just seen sim only plans so i'm assuming the above prices include a phone. I'm after an iphone 5, wonder how much i'll need to subsidise it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No quite right regular usage would be the same, just faster.

If you downloaded larger things, then it would be a problem.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Basically the equivalent of the deal I took out a month ago (1GB data package) works out a fiver a month more expensive. Think I'll pass until the 4g is rolled out more.

MINI FJCW
I might be reading it wrong but the way I interpret the prices are;

The prices posted in the first post are for new customers, whereas these prices;

500MB£21
1GB£26
3GB£31
5GB£36
Are for existing customers? Is that correct?

Leon Cupra 300
I might be reading it wrong but the way I interpret the prices are;

The prices posted in the first post are for new customers, whereas these prices;

500MB£21
1GB£26
3GB£31
5GB£36
Are for existing customers? Is that correct?

I understand they are the sim only prices...

The first prices must include a phone. But don't know at what price.

AK

M240i
Looks like they're offering a swap your phone to a 4G version for £99.

I'd assume that means taking out a new contract too.

I think I'll wait a year, I expected it to be expensive but not that expensive as someone already said the pricing of 3gb isn't TOO bad, but when you're on 40mbit it's way too easy to eat that in a few minutes.

Clio 172 cup
Also if orange charge £10/1GB of data as a add on/bundle for 3g

What the hell will they charge for 4g/gig as a add on????

Utterly ridiculous pricing tbh as with no other competition they have everyone over a barrel.

The most sensible option would be to wait until next year, when all the other major networks have access to it, coverage covers the whole country and there is a larger chose of lte/4g handsets on the market

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
£6 for 500MB

£15 for 2GB

(if you use the mobile BB pricing as an example, it could be different)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm on EE and I don't think I have a 4G phone (Google Nexus - the new one) so I'm quite alright on 3G, TBH. My mobile internet is just about as quick when on full boost as my 10MB broadband anyway.

I think, as already pointed out, if you can access data much faster (what speeds are we talking about!?) what are you going to do with it...?

Not going to watch Blu-Ray quality films on your phone ?

Can't see the point just yet TBH....

I'm sure there is one.

I'll get my coat.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on EE and my BB 9900 really stuggles with central london and the train in, it's CONSTANTLY dropping to 'SOS' only and 'No Service'.

New handset, new sim, all no good. Have to battery pull at least 3 times a day.

Losing patience with phones tbh, cba with them. 4G can swivel.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Internet on my mobile that's 5 times faster than I can get at home....

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO phone companies want to do it so people do away with home internet. And use mobile internet as the main provider.

There was a big piece on it in one of the industry magazines within the last couple of years.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
IMO phone companies want to do it so people do away with home internet. And use mobile internet as the main provider.

There was a big piece on it in one of the industry magazines within the last couple of years.

What are the advantages of that to me, as the consumer?

Bumder With A Buffer
Higher speeds, no wiring, no line rentals.

What he said.

"Technically" it is doable but there are soo many flaws like Dr Rollo has said. Too many blackspots which can only be overcome by additional masts I would imagine. But then you can't put a mast somewhere as you get cancer...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If I lived in a city with signal, can have a monthly download limit of at least 100GB and it's less than £15 a month it might be an option.