ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU

Clio 1.6 RXE

Well, as an early xmas pressie i got a lovely fooked ECU.

Renault have saud that my ECU cant be re-programmed, so ill need a whole new one.
They quoted me at least £300 for the pleasure.

So, i was thinkin, while im sorting that out, i may aswell get it tuned a bit.
Question is, will Reno be able to do any tuned ECUs "off the shelf"? do they do performance ones? or am i just better getting a standard one and getting it chipped?

Ta,

Revels Mum & Sister

Best of getting a ECU and having it chipped after. Only one is an R Sport Ecu. But that is for the Cup I believe!!

Cant you get pne cheaper from a scrappy!

williams and trophy

or get a stand alone ecu, or maybe even a piggy back one will do if urs not that fukked

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

second hand ecu wont work because the previous vehicles immobiliser code is saved in the computer memory and cant be erased.

my mate works for liningtons renault in hampshire he has reprogrammed my ecu all he had to do was plug it into the laptop in the workshop press a button and it was done

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

that was a 1.2 16v then yes.the post starter has an rxe.this model was discontinued before the ability to reprogramme came about(i think)

Im not sure wether they are piggy back or not.. Look up Powerchips, they mite not be piggyback £150 i think! And well its a superchip really.