ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecu swapping fault

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Hi my clio 2003 was having problems with fuel management I assumed best idea would be to buy same year and model of clio which I did.

So instead of just swapping the ecu i swapped the (ecu, key barrel, key decoder, throttle body, inlet manifold with injectors and uch.

Now everything is all swell immobiliser is not pulling up any errors. when i turn the key to full turn clio will short power, then the next time i turn it full it will send power to starter motor but no start and this will be the way it goes.

iam gonna stock everything apart from ecu,uch and key decoder/barrel see if its the same problem, i assumed the inlet manifold, injectors, throttle body would work as the donor clio drove a dream.

i also thought this would be clean sailing plug and play style. i hope i haven't damaged the wiring loom i'm as sure as i can be that tubes and cables are plugged in.

I will add the car sometimes picks up a short burst of life but is short lived as it dies soon after. almost seems like a bad earth is shorting it as the starter motor will only spin for upto 5 seconds a time.

cheers in advance for help.

renault clio 1.4 16v
could well be a bad earth or something isn't plugged in properly, I remember 4 earth straps in the engine bay... could be more, check these, also, are there any lights on the dash besides the usual when it fails to start? coil light?

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Been out due to work.

Did some tests and have found the ht leads are not sparking?

Anyone smart have any ideas its obviously something electrical related (not wiring loom, not coil pack, not fuses, not earths, no fault showing other than ground to pedal potentiometer/unknown fault code 101260 these have been around for awhile tho)

I have three coil packs two of which i know are working as i now have two clios same year and model.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My cup behaved like an utter b*****d when the battery was fucked.

Not starting one minute, misfiring the next, dead with no leds or immob light etc etc..

Assume you've checked that?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Seems drastic to swap all that over, was it just guess work or had someone diagnosed the ECU at fault?

Aren't there some well known wiring issues on the 1.2 16v? @MicKPM is your man.

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
My cup behaved like an utter b*****d when the battery was fucked.

Not starting one minute, misfiring the next, dead with no leds or immob light etc etc..

Assume you've checked that?
Battery swapped with known working one.
Seems drastic to swap all that over, was it just guess work or had someone diagnosed the ECU at fault?

Aren't there some well known wiring issues on the 1.2 16v? @MicKPM is your man.
Both wiring looms have been cleaned up previous in there life im thinking the wiring issues where fixed in the 03,04 models as there both cleaned up in same fashion.

ht leads are now shooting the correct sparks after replacing a blown fuse. had her cranked up didnt idle for more than 5 second then out. Second time trying to start her 3 secs third time no start. left it half an hour gave it another go similar results i'm thinking its being flooded with fuel? (original error fuel management error(fuel to rich)).

also seems theres no set idle on it 700-1000rpm but continuous movement then it sounds like it suffocates till engine stall(error pedal potentiometer ground) and using either of the throttle pedals i own has no affect on revs.

Cheers guys