ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU problem

Race v6clio & 172
H i everyone, can anyone help me with the following?,-just built clio 172 race car from a late 2000 172 for Rallycross, (see pics on 'clio page'), just running off engine loom ,no dash loom or de-coder / fuse box in car, all wiring has been done by Renault technition useing genuine workshop manuals,ecu been de-coded,by using 'emmultor' inside ecu but still won't start, the decoding company have had ecu 4 times now! each time saying they've fixed it, got it back and tried over xmas but still no joy, Renault man is 100% confident that their is no problem with the wiring, we wired in diagnostic plug ,clip laptop reads it all ok!, has anyone got a clio172 in the kent area that i can plug my ecu into to see if it runs before i take it back to the company again just to be 100% that it is the ecu. Car was at the london motorsport show on a stand, spoke to ecu chipping company (who are now sponsoring me), i'm sending them a new ecu which i've just bought from member,who LOL when i told him about the 'emmulator' inside ecu, he said he will de-code & re-map just from laptop!!.My ecu no is S110130240 B the car had 68k on the clock - have been told that speedo will remember highest mileage, don't know if this is true on Renaults?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEEEASE!! :hail:
many thanks Russell 07747 602111

Race v6clio & 172
Hi, thanks, i,ll give them a call aswell, but can anyone help me by letting me try my ecu in thier car to see if it starts, spoke to my Renault man who said that clios do not hold any mileage data in the ecu