ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU problem!!!

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
hey i brought an ECU off of White Valver with a chip and remap (aparantly)

plugged it in and the engine wont start, it turns over with the ignition but wont turn on! any ideas? or have i been sold a fucked ECU

if so im gna be PISSED

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its probably something to do with it not being programmed for the immobiliser in your car . You'll probably need to get it reprogrammed for your car / immobiliser .

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, what he says ^^

No idea if its the same with Mk1's but on Mk2 Clios you cant just take an ECU from another car and use it because it codes itself to the immobiliser of that vehicle. You have to get it reflashed / reset to use on another car or buy a brand new one.

i dont hav an imobiliser... has an alarm but not an imobiliser mmmm

i diddnt need an ecu got this 1 because of the chip and remapped to a decatted valver (like mine )

so best bet is to take it and get it checked by renault or some garage if its alive can then get it reprogrammed for my alarm / car??

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Hmmm, not sure if the 92 model will 100% have an immo or not. My 92k doesn't have one and i've seen several others without. Never really tried swapping ECU's but i'm fairly sure that they are backward compatible.

Paul

yer i hope so, i think it will need re programed like people said to my engine. gna take it to a local place get it checked out 2moz.

but still the person i brought it off not PMed me back for 3 days! grr

yea i get you. Is the rev counter reading? try resetting the ecu by unplugging the battery for 6ish hours. then reconnect it and plip the doors unlocked and locked 5 or 6 times, all doors/boot/bonnet closed. this will also hep reset the ecu.

If the revcounter isnt reading, your looking towards crank sensor being dodgy.

i will try that 2morrow, will dissconnect the batery b4 i go to slee then do the doors andthat in the morning wen i get up

+ my othe ecu works fine.?

bit noobish but wats th4e crank sensor :p duhhh

no worries, its all a learning curve!

Follow the top radiator hose to the head, then go down to the gearbox there will be a small sensor attached to the top of the gearbox, if this isnt reading the rev counter wont read, as its not recognising the engine is turning.

the rev counter workd with my other ecu so should be fine. i just hope this ecu will work or i wasted alot of money!

will update in the morning :) wen i try it just went plugged it in and dissconnected the battery. if it is this sensor wit this ecu can it be fixed ?

williams 2 turbo
if its still not working, ive got a spare superchipped ecu for sale. your more than welcome to try it before you part with the cash. post me if interested. steve

rite, still diddnt work same old problem dont rekon its my sensor as my other ECU works fine, and this 1 i brought dont. i called BB but there nothing they can do if the ecu not working. so i dunno :(

not happy tho. anyone know White Valver??

just been down the renault garage. they rekon it need to be re programed ready for a different code from my car. (expensive) OR its cuz it fhas had water in it as there is white s**t everywhere! so ive asked for my money back from white valver see if he replys. ffs!

ok i know its like EDIT the post but i cba,

it works now :) pulled it apart and saw that the superchip was only connected on 1 side... grr ut it in properly now it works, fook me wat a difference, revs to just under 8000 rpm ... :D not a regular thing me taking up there tho dotn wanna blow my engine up. so must faster now..