ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU power voltages. RED light solid issues. lots of checks already carried out!

clio 172 cup 03
I still can't get my cup started without bypassing the relay in the engine bay. There does not appear to be a 12v [high current supply to the relay] I have checked continuity to the bulkhead connector and is ok. I think I need to trace the wire inside the car now. Does it go to the uch board I wonder? Also on the uch plastic box I have one relay, any idea what this controls? mines a 172 cup 03. I don't seem to have the immobiliser problem that you have though! Hope you get it sorted soon, and let us know of the outcome............... its so frustrating!

Black PH2 172
I had same problem, Took key fob apart - Cleaned it and reset the key fob by holdin the interior lock button etc, and it worked

Black 172
I reckon my similar problem is down to the key too... I've discovered if I put pressure on the key (push the key in towards the barrel AND push the end outwards towards the front of the car) while turning, it always starts, first time. If I don't then it doesn't and varies between solid light and flashing. Yet my key looks like new inside. It could be decoder ring I guess, I will find out for sure soon and update my thread.

Hope you get yours sorted...

BG 182
Looks to be the uch, apparently it has lost some data. The guy who has it at the mo is fitting a new (2nd hand) one and transferring the required data to the new uch. Should be back by this afternoon aslong as there is sufficient data on my knackered uch.

BG 182
well, as the guy who had the car was having trouble getting some codes to enable him to access the uch/ecu - to enable him to try and repair the lost data, i decided to take the car back and go with option B, which had always been an option, and that was to source a working 2nd hand uch, ecu, decoder and key. reason for this was i had sold my bmw and needed a car. I ordered the bits which was sure would solve the problem and with special next day delivery on a saturday (at a cost of £27!) they were all fitted but still the fault remains!!!

i have spoken with the electrical guy today and he assures me when he accessed the system it was all communicating but there was data missing, he said their wasnt even a chassis number? does this sound like a common problem?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hard to say without know what equipment he uses but the UCH's are common for hardware failures due to age.

BG 182
UPDATE

after months of neglect, i sent it back to the guy who has been working on it, this was 10 days ago, It would appear he is looking at it tomorrow! after 4 days of not answering his phone. i cant believe how long its been sat with no work been done.

while its been sat i fitted a mild steel k tec stealth system, this was originally purchased as a 'quiet' exhaust as my missus was going to be driving the car as her daily. as the car has not been started since i dont know how loud or quiet it is! if its too quiet i shall sell it on in place for something a little fruitier. I have also purchased some blue aluminium wheels nuts, Threaded bar to be purchased when i find some more love for this poorly cup. I will not break this!

LY 182
Not read all of this admittedly.. But does it crank and just not fire? Also where abouts are you mate?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Any news on this?

Ive got the same symptoms and have spent a few hours looking for broken wires but can't find anything at all. Just made a mess of my engine bay so far!! Will bring a meter home with me tomorrow and start checking the pins and so on.

BG 182
UPDATE.

The fault was no broken wires or UCH fault. But low voltage across a fuse by all accounts the guy was very vague. I think his way of making money is by use of the term 'bullshit baffles brains' so i didnt get the complete picture and just wanted my car back!

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I've also got to the bottom of my fault, I borrowed a uch/ecu/key and the car worked fine, upon moving mine and splitting the UCH i found what looks to be corrosion on the board around one of the plugs, with all the rain recently i'm wondering if water has ran down the cable and into the UCH causing the problem.

Another reason i think this is a few weeks ago when we had some heavy rain i found some water in the passengers footwell.