ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU may be at fault???

got my car back from my local garage who have come to the conclusion that the cause of my problems (car turning over but not starting) is due to the ECU. as a temporary fix they have managed to bridge 2 terminals of the engine control relay and this now allows the car to start.
they have swapped this relay with the starter motor one (its next to it and is the same 5 pin type) and it doesn't solve the problem. the starter turns over when the relay is plugged into its correct slot so that eliminates a relay fault.
they have mentioned the fault could be within the earth wire that comes from this relay to the ECU (there's no earth when the ignition is on) or it could be the ECU itself.

ive got the car home now and need to do more investigating problem solving to sort this problem out.
has anyone ever had a similar problem or any advice on what to do next?
has anyone in the milton keynes or surrounding area got an ECU spare that they know works which I could borrow to see if that is the cause and eliminate another possiblility?

any help would be appreciated:)