ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU effects if not de mobilised

Status
Not open for further replies.
  R5 GTT
I am after a bit of a advice doing a 172 conversion into my R5 using all the 172 bits and apparently my ECU is demobilised.

Now I have wired it all up and attempted to crank to find that there is no crank??
I know the ECU is getting power and everything else is getting power, what effect does the ecu immobiliser have??

LY 182
i had the same prob when i did mine and found a white wire to the starter relay needed a permanent earth in order for the starter trigger to work.

i just wired it to an earth and its fine...

it should still attempt to crank with a bad block earth.. mine just clicked (as if the starter was seized) so i fitted an earth strap from the box to the body

R5 GTT
Well starter engages, and the fuel pump sounds for a couple of secs then goes off????
I will check to see if spark over next couple of days

'92 172, Lotus Elise
where did you get it decoded?

few of us now with 172 conversions with no ecu issues :)

all you should really need is a constant live, ignition live, fuel pump and starter motor.

other than that, double check all the neccessary wiring like the crank position sensor.

When mine did this it turned out to be the little earth that branches off near the starter motor and lambda etc...

R5 GTT
where did you get it decoded?

few of us now with 172 conversions with no ecu issues :)

all you should really need is a constant live, ignition live, fuel pump and starter motor.

other than that, double check all the neccessary wiring like the crank position sensor.

When mine did this it turned out to be the little earth that branches off near the starter motor and lambda etc...

Many thanks for all the advise i am confident with my wiring that all is ok but will double check anyway.

I purchased the phase 1 ECU of a fellow Cliosport member who apparently got it demobilisied by RS Tuning gave me all the details to contact them which I am going to do.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
I've heard of 'issues' with RSTuning decodes. They seem to require an emulator in addition to the decode. almost as if the ECU will accept any imobiliser code, but it still needs *a* code, if that makes sense? iirc, both geesus and danlp6 had this issue

Beanie and I used www.ecuclinic.com and it came back plug and play if it's any use to you :)

R5 GTT
I've heard of 'issues' with RSTuning decodes. They seem to require an emulator in addition to the decode. almost as if the ECU will accept any imobiliser code, but it still needs *a* code, if that makes sense? iirc, both geesus and danlp6 had this issue

Beanie and I used www.ecuclinic.com and it came back plug and play if it's any use to you :)

Thats perfect mate going to call RStuning tomoz and see what they say if no good will go through ecuclinic. Many thanks for the advice.:D

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If it's the ECU i'm think of it was virginised NOT immo off. As said above, immo off needs an emulator fitting inside.

R5 GTT
I am starting again on this thread as it might or might not be related, I am having some problems with my conversion the car now cranks, and the fuel pump primes, the car attempts to start but doesn't.

I am going to test the fuel pressure to make sure that is OK as I have now wired up a switch to the pump.

R5 GTT
Update been out playing with the r5 172 and have tested everything I can think of I have got 3.5 bar to fuel rail, I have spark for a couple of secs whilst cranking the same for fuel pump (although I have put a switch online aswell) starter is fine and battery is good. Any ideas anyone?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
this is like my problem that i had (still have) now and again

for some reason i dont get ign live to the ecu (i put it down to a bad connection at the ecu plug)

stick a mulimeter in the ign live on the ecu plug (whilst attached to ecu, forget which pin it is) and make sure you have a reading there

if you have a good stable reading, on to the next thing :D

R5 GTT
this is like my problem that i had (still have) now and again

for some reason i dont get ign live to the ecu (i put it down to a bad connection at the ecu plug)

stick a mulimeter in the ign live on the ecu plug (whilst attached to ecu, forget which pin it is) and make sure you have a reading there

if you have a good stable reading, on to the next thing :D

Excuse the footage not the best LOL - But this is what I am getting I have today removed the TDC and going to pick up a new one from Renault tomorrow

th_MVI_4989.gif

IMG_4973.gif

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
im almost positive its pin 29

but im going from memory as i have stuck a multimeter probe in there so many times i just 'know' where it is lol

should be a yellow wire, with a red one next to it iirc (a red wire pin 30??)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
according to that, 66 and 29 should be yellow (+12v with ignition on) and 30 should be 12v constantly

R5 GTT
All the above is correct and still not blooding running this is so confusing:S, I have replaced the TDC (brand new from Renault), bridged the inertia switch, got 3 bar fuel pressure to rail, injectors are firing, fuel pump is on a switch and I have checked my wiring which to be honest isn't much required to get it running.
Live wires
Battery to starter,
Battery to alternator,
Battery to 172 engine loom,
Ignition barrel to battery,
Ignition lives,
Ignition barrel to 172 engine loom,
Earths,
4 x engine earths,
the usual interior earth points,
As said above the fuel pump is on a switch (Temporary solution for the ime being)
??????????:S:S:S:S:S

Fiesta ST-3
Just about to start the wiring on my Megane Coupe into the 172 engine :( Think im very well going to need to PM you if thats ok. Sorry to spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.