ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU cover - Loose but stuck

Dci 100
...another ecu cover topic

I've managed to losen off the cover but i just cant work out how to free it, it seems to be catching on something, it moves side to side freely.

Before i get the hacksaw, has anyone got any other ideas?

Dci 100
Could someone kindly tell me the best place to pry this tin can scum bag, so i can throw it away and get on with my life?!?!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Ps, its looking a little knackered cus i've been attacking it alot, but nothing is releasing it!

clio 172
Haha they're an utter c**t to get off, sack it off and grab the Dremel my friend. if you are sensible with what you cut the whole thing can go back together and not look like a mess. I would tell you where to cut but I forgot - last one I did was ages ago.

Dci 100
Cheers Tom, I'm gonna pick up some new discs for my dremmel tonight, I'll slice it along the middle and see what that does, I can slide a hacksaw blade under to protect the wires

Dci 100
I sliced the line across the middle and the back half came away nicely, the front part is still attached, this is one persistent can!

RB Clio 182
Grab the end closest to the engine and pull really hard up and side wards, be careful because when it comes off it catches you out, I knocked my bonnet off the catch and the bonnet landed on my head.

It will come off trust me, just pull HARD!