ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecoteks (i know ya bored of em!)

Ok, so i have read the threads about ecoteks. What i want to know is that if i fit one to my 1.2 Dynamique will it make any difference at all?
Has anyone done this (pics?) and how hard was it to fit?

Thanks

P.S. by the way its an 02 model (nice and shiney and new )

All i can say is it is MUCH quicker than my L reg 1.4 RT. CAnt beat much, but it feels a bit flat some times at lower revs. Thought this might help

I fitted one yesterday to my 1.6 and it does everything it says on the box. The throttle feels perkier, the power is now smoothed out all the way up the rev range and the car is altogether more enjoyable to drive, especially as I do a lot of town driving. Ive still to see if it will save me any money at the petrol station though.

nedbeard. I have the 1.6 RXE SOHC with the same engine as your car. Ive been thinking about fitting one of these. Did you do it yourself? Can you give me some instructions for the K7M engine?

Cheers.

Email me <a target="_blank" href="mailto:bluerxe@boughey-fritsch.demon.co.uk">here if necessary.

ecoteks, what r they? Sorry but i feel i have missed something along the way as i dont have a clue what they r!!

Could someone give me some info please as after reading the previous messages i would be interested in one!

How much are they?

What do they do?

Where do you get them from?

Cheers in advance,

Kev

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Has anyone fitted a Ecotek with an induction kit? is it dangerous because i have increased air flow already? Nedbeard, have you got an induction kit?

Thanks

slurrrp slurrrp rasp!!!

thats what they sound like. I bought an ecotek device ages ago, but never got round to fitting it, well once fitted it does take a while to get used to the strange noises it makes, especially when first running it in :)

My general opinion is that they do in fact work, my mk1 172 is chipped and was managing approx 28/29 mpg, after fitting the ecotek the mpg is about 31 and about 36/37 on the motorway.

I cant say that ive had any performance increase, but i wasn;t expecting any... hope this onfo helps

cheers

Jase

Skoda Fabia vRS

jwroot does the 172 have a computer to show your MPG

its just on another forum there are a few hardened sceptics who want some hard data

[bluerxe] Fitting the ecotec was dead easy... as Ive got an induction kit so the process was easier as the engine cover has been removed. The breather pipe from the brake servo to the inlet manifold is very accesible. Its a 10mm shiny plastic pipe that enters the third cylinder (from right) - just cut the pipe close to the manifold and fit the ecotec there. I used some plastic tubing to sleeve over the breather tube as heating the original pipe was a bit awquard (spelling?).
Once tuned the device was noticeably working as Ive stated above. The noise is hardly an issue with the induction kit, although my bonnet has been soundproofed so this might help to muffle it a bit.

[Nedbeard]

Can you help me. Can you download <a target="_blank" href="http://www.boughey-fritsch.demon.co.uk/images/vac_hose.jpg" target="_blank">this image (79kb), mark on the image which hose Im supposed to cut and then <a target="_blank" href="mailto:bluerxe@boughey-fritsch.demon.co.uk">email it back to me?

I know Im being a bit thick, and after reading your description again I think I know which one it is. I just dont want to get it wrong.

Cheers.