ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotec Valve and filter? Any good?

Bye Bye 182....
Ive had a look at buying an ecotec valve and pipercross filter. Are they any good and does anyone have any experience of them?

Cheers

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
For a start it could let unmetered air into the inlet and cause the engine to run lean hence lower mpg, not too safe for the engine though, you may aswell drill a whole in the inlet. You can also take the opinion that if these devices were so good, why aren't the manufacturers fitting them when they're spending millions on trying to improve the economy of their cars?

TT
yeah i had ekoteck for a while, and K&N filter, and pipercross feed, mpg and acceleration didnt really change(bit slower if anything, less of a kick), was just a tad smoother (specially in the cold),but then recently the abs light came on, so i had to take it off, it was always a bit dodgy, so id advise not to waste your money!!but if you want a smoother ride, your welcome to buy mine off me!!lol

hope this helps?

1.2 RL
Yeah, the Ecotec valve only lets through some air when you close the throttle after revving hard, which gives a strong rasp, slightly changing the characteristic of that aspect of the engine, and generally bleeds air bypassing the throttle, however it wont improve the fuel mixture as it claims (to improve economy), as modern ECU's balance out fuelling and air perfectly, rendering the valve useless, just a good-looking gimmick. The peope with positive feedback must have been trying so hard to justify the money spent that they convinced themselves that there was a difference!!!
I must have spent about 6 hours reading about them, the more i understood the more it seemed like a waste of cash!
Dont bother, theres many better ways to spend the £50+