ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eCar Insurance

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Firstly I'm posting this on my iPhone so quality/detailing will be low.

A few months back I bought my clio oasis and was in the process of still obtaining my licence. Soo there I was trying a few insurance quotes... £3,500 :/ I paid £200 for the car. Mhmm.

Anyway after being slightly put off I endured on and got the pink licence. Tried the insurance again to be greeted with that same lovely figure of £3,500 with not much difference no matter where I tried?! Greaat.

So this is where the altering process comes in and as you do, I put on the rents as additional drivers and there was a change! £2,738.. Wooo? Not what I was looking for but the altering process continued.

(Don't worry nearly there! Lol bet the suspense is killing you!) Ok last resort adjustments now and for some odd reason I started from scratch, put all the details in but this time added my girlfriend who holds a Provisional licence at the same age as me (19) as an additional driver (not main) fully comprehensive and paying annually and what do I get??

£1,370!! :D!!

250b6e87.jpg

So after clearing up my mess and assuring my missus that I was NOT on naughty websites I increased my overdraft to 2,000 and bought it :).

I'd like to say that I have found a little trick but it didn't work too well on my brothers 2.5L BMW. Maybe on cars suitable for a young girl to learn to drive in, it will work brilliant?

Hope it works for others :) Enjoy!

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was very cheap for my wife and my best friends mrs the year they passed their tests 5 years or so ago. As you say they must like young females.....

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
I like young females ....erm shite wrong topic

But yeah I have 3 women on my insurance as addition drivers, they drop my insurance by about £700 and I'm 27!

Should probably be in the insurance sub section....

Oh and your girlfriend on your policy, it will go up when she passes as she can drive unsupervised.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 arctic
Mate you are an absolute star. My insurance is due in a few weeks time and you have just saved me another £200. Mum and sister both with just provisionals. I don't know how that works out as less of a risk on a 182 but i like it.

AK

M240i
Mate you are an absolute star. My insurance is due in a few weeks time and you have just saved me another £200. Mum and sister both with just provisionals. I don't know how that works out as less of a risk on a 182 but i like it.

Because they'll have to drive supervised.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Glad I could help some of you :) As for being in the wrong section, SORRY! New here haha.

SimonR - Yup it would because as you stated, she could drive unsupervised but she has no intentions of passing her test nor driving my car :) So all good there.

Please note also if you do use eCar, make sure you know the female you are putting on as they will want copies of the paper and both sides of the photocard licence.
Scanned and e-mailed mine and the missus' today a bit late because she lost her paper part.

Would like to see some more results :) Keep it up!

Clio 182 arctic
Because they'll have to drive supervised.
supervised or not, that's just stupid. no extra pedals in case of emergencies. and 180bhp (ish) with someone without a license is asking for trouble. it has happened admittedly not very often when people panic and floor it, now that amounts to a lot of unnecessary speed in a 1.0 micra nevermind a 2.0 clio. Although im not complaining because in theory they are allowed to drive it, but in reality its never gonna happen.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with eCar, not really sure if I like it or not. I like to talk to someone on the phone when changing cars over whereas with this company you do it yourself online.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My dad was insured with them. Terrible customer service was his experience.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Hmm mixed reviews on them. They do email back extremely quickly and have dealt with my tiny niggles but sorting a full accident this may not be the case.

Let's just hope I don't have to experience this lol.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
I'll have to try this! Where can I find a young girl who can't drive though :dapprove: hmm

But these quoted me £14000 on a 172cup FFs lol!

Make sure you do it through a price comparison website e.g. Confused.

*Update* Still works to this day but it is no longer eCar as they are giving me stupid quotes but now Asda Direct would insure me £1,027 for the whole year 20 yrs old, no NCB and only held my licence for roughly 7-8 months and obviously with the female prov. holder. That was on a dCi 80 aswell haha! :)