ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC Yellowstuf pads

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers Jay. Yeah spoke to the guys at ebc, didnt mention 'minging hot' just go from 30-10 a few times and repeat the process at slightly higher speed differences.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
My prefered method is let them get warm then stone cold at least 3 times before really hard use

172, Tiguan
EBC are saying this for the Orangestuff pads:

Originally Posted by EBC Bedding in procedure Although a pre scorched pad some bedding in is still advisable.

If this were a street legal pad, some earlier driving on the street to fully bed the pads in geometrically to your discs would be good and finish the heat cure in the pad. Steady braking with stops from 60 to 30 MPH for roughly 15 cycles would help a lot for the first bedding followed by 4-6 heavier stops to really get some heat into the pads.The pads MUST be allowed to cool fully preferably overnight.

In Race bedding - After fitting to decent condition discs , drive two laps at moderate speed, braking intermittently.

Then drive two more laps with heavier braking, coasting to a stop and allow pads to fully cool.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Got some Mintex F4R's in Clio now. Will let you know what they are like on sunday nightfi

first impressions on road are very good. Nice bit, nice feel

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Havent really had chance to test mine yet. Initial drive home last night was good, think they will be much better when bedded in.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Carbotech dought will buy anything else from now on.

Amazed is all I can say.

From cold day to day on road & hottest day in Aug on track never give up.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Little bit of an update after the pads have been on for two days. From cold very good, once slightly warm brilliant. Suppose the big test will be the trackday. So far so good though :)

Clio 172
A mate of mine runs yellowstuff on his rx8 and they r great. No problems at all. I will be getting some ready for Oulton on 11th july. Best/ cheapest place to get them?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I forget the exact amount but i got them cheaper from John Harris @ demontweeks. Mention cliosport and he will look after you im sure :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have had green stuff on my car as the last owner put them in, I checked them last week, they still had half a pad left and are still perfectly fine. They have done a fair few miles, anyone who has been in my car can tetsify they don't get an easy life. I'm amazed to be honest as they broke up on my clio and I don't think they're even rated on cars with over 200bhp.

Saying that I have ordered some CL items for the front and back.