ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay short shifter

5344F61A-2872-4938-9AB2-7E91E0720268_zpsiikcuetz.png

On eBay the now for about £60... Any one used it/ rate it???

PH1 Track Car
I had one. Functionally they are ok-ish. However the long shaft is held onto the ball joint part with just glue. In my case the glue failed instantly allowing the shaft to drop through and out of the bottom! It then rubbed on the heat shield and made the drive home quite difficult... It's also shorter than it looks so you end up reaching down for it.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Never. Doesn't work with the lift reverse unless you mod it. Plus it feels as if you're driving a van. Short shifters only work in clios if you raise the entire gear setup.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The original design from MB Motorsport is brilliant imo, this is shite.

PH1 Track Car
So in a word, no.

Pretty much yea!

how is reverse selected on them? the standard one has a cable running up it.

Still lift up reverse. Can't remember exactly how as it's been a few years but it's designed to work without the use of a cable.

Never. Doesn't work with the lift reverse unless you mod it. Plus it feels as if you're driving a van. Short shifters only work in clios if you raise the entire gear setup.

Mine worked with lift reverse and off the top of my head I can't remember modding anything but as I say it was a few years back so I may well have done! But agree it's too low down.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Lift reverse on my Cup. No cable. The lifting raises the part on the gear lever enough to clear an obstruction on the lever housing so you can move lever over further. Simple design really.