ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ebay +20 bhp products

clio rxe

Has anyone seen these products on ebay that claim they increase the bhp of your clio by upto 20bhp? Do they actually work and are the legal?

These mods SHOULD NOT be used on a petrol car. They connect to the temperature sensor, which is used to measure the air fuel mixture. The mod fools the ECU into thinking its very hot and since fuel is less dense more should be injected during the normal cycle. Since its not that hot the extra fuel increases the air fuel mixture to engine damaging levels. This type of mod is used on diesel often as there is no air fuel mixture problem.

Stick to neon washer jets and Bass - The Final Frontier sunstrips. Should see you right for about 20-40 bhp. Or go nuts and beat Lambos with chrome look spinning hub caps.;)

Seat Leon FR

I reckon go faster stripes would make more of a difference. its only a 7600 ohm resistor anyway!!! for a couple of pence. the guys on ebay must be laughin if people buy these!!! i nicked one from uni but aint bothered trying it. dont really wanna fcuk my engine up!!

In all honesty if you could increase your cars BHP by 20+ with a £3 chip then dont you think everywhere would be selling them and not just ebay!

I mean why spend £300+ on a viper induction kit and full exhaust system when you can get the same performance froma little chip for £3.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 08 May 2004

These mods SHOULD NOT be used on a petrol car. They connect to the temperature sensor, which is used to measure the air fuel mixture. The mod fools the ECU into thinking its very hot and since fuel is less dense more should be injected during the normal cycle. Since its not that hot the extra fuel increases the air fuel mixture to engine damaging levels. This type of mod is used on diesel often as there is no air fuel mixture problem.
Actually it makes the ECU think its colder, not hotter.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 09 May 2004

apart from on a deisal like eddies that has a fuel temp sensor.
And Im not trying to find a why of tricking the ecu for some more cheap hp.

Honest;)

Im pretty sure on these auctions all they supply you with is a 5p resistor... you just shove it across the air flow meter..