ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easiest way to rebush the front end?

Ph2 Clio 172
Having stuck a magnetic camera under my car on a track day I can visibly see just how shagged my front ARB bushes are. I assume the wishbone bushes are equally screwed.

I've heard changing the ARB bushes can be a complete ball ache to change. What's the easiest way to replace the ARB bushes. Also the wishbones, are they easy to change the bushes on or is it simpler to just buy new wishbones with bushes in? I dont want spend to much, but I also don't fancy spending 5 hours swearing at my car.

dan's cast offs.
not that bad a job to do them, did mine the other week and it took longer cleaning rust off the bar and giving it a lick of paint than actually doing the bushes.

Ph2 Clio 172
not that bad a job to do them, did mine the other week and it took longer cleaning rust off the bar and giving it a lick of paint than actually doing the bushes.

Is it just a case of undoing the ARB and pulling it out, or is there other things that need to removed/moved out the way to access them?

Would be interesting to see the vid.

Check the media section shortly. Its not the best place as you can't see the suspension working much, but it shows the hammering the tyres get at Llandow.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
For the price of the wishbones (which are supplied full of bushes/ball joints) just buy new ones.

I've just had mine done and it's a complete transformation.

dan's cast offs.
Is it just a case of undoing the ARB and pulling it out, or is there other things that need to removed/moved out the way to access them?

Pretty much, did mine on the ramp so imagine it might be a bit fiddly if you're doing it on your back though?

Ph2 Clio 172
For the price of the wishbones (which are supplied full of bushes/ball joints) just buy new ones.

I've just had mine done and it's a complete transformation.

This is my thinking on the wishbone bushes. I'm not bothered about fitting powerflex ones, so new standard ones will be a massive transformation anyway.

Pretty much, did mine on the ramp so imagine it might be a bit fiddly if you're doing it on your back though?

Was that the inners or the outers? The outers seem like a ball ache to get the bracket back on, but I can't find any information on changing the inners?

I changed my arb bushes for powerflex ones and it took me about 30mins with the use of a ramp, that was for inner & outer. They're pretty easy to do if you have the right tools.

Ph2 Clio 172
What is it about a ramp/lift that makes it easier? Is it simply getting proper access under the car, or the fact both wheels are off the ground so your not fighting against the tension in the bar?

What is it about a ramp/lift that makes it easier? Is it simply getting proper access under the car, or the fact both wheels are off the ground so your not fighting against the tension in the bar?
Gives you more room to move about and see what your doing, I've found when working on your back it can restrict the amount you can move, it's not such a hard job with axle stands and a jack just the little bolts that hold the inners in place can be a little tricky to get to.