ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easiest way to get a Headunit to turn on and off with the ignition

I fitted a headunit for someone, and the headunit doesn't turn on and off with the ignition, just stays on all the time. She's complaining she'll forget to turn it off.
Not really sure why it does it tbh, guess thats just how some cars work, coz both red and yellow are connected as normal.
But yea, is there an easy to make it do this, Im guessing youd have to tap into the ignition wire or something?

Btw its not on a clio lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I expect Someones joined the red and yellow lives making it a permanant live.

Just unjoin them and wire it up properly.

You reckon someone else has previously. somewhere on the actual car loom?
Coz I fitted it originally, and defo didnt do that lol. the Yellow and red are seperate on the headunit harness.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The wires directly joined to the HU or it's mini-loom .. there's a yellow one and a red one .. bullet connectors .. unplug them both and swap them over .. see what happens.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
normally ^^ this makes the headunit turn off with the ignition, but turn on asif its just been plugged in when the ignition is turned on (looses all settings)

as said, it sounds like somewhere the lives have been jointed to one!

time to get a multi-meter out to find what the red and yellow wires are doing!

if you neeeed to, run a wire from the cirgarette live, to the headunit ingnition live.