ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earth points

Anybody know where all the earths are for the rear lights on a mk2 ph2?

My taillights are going like a christmas tree when i'm braking, indicating etc. The rear fog light flashing with my indicators on the instrument panel. Now it's got to the point when I brake my indicators and side repeaters are all coming on.

Also when I lock the car the high level brake light was flashing with the indicators. Now the right hand brake light and high level one come on when I lock it that's all.

I've checked the earth on the inside of the boot and it's fine. Clusters are a bit corroded but cleaning them hasn't helped. The Earth pin on them has started to melt the plastic though so must be power going through it.

Anyway the Earth inside the boot when disconnected doesn't stop the lights operarting so does anyone know where else they are earthed? Weirdly when the rear earth is disconnected though the engine won't start for more than a second!

Last edited:
  www.renparts.co.uk
does seem to be a common problem, its the shorting out in the connectors on the loom that cause the most problems, try spraying wd40 then refitting them. If you need rear light boards we sell those at 15 pounds plus delivery each.

Cheers for the reply. Do you mean the connectors that plug into the clusters shorting?

They are were quite corroded picked up one new one today and still both sides seem to do it. Will keep that in mind though new or used?