ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earth Point

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

I put me sub and amp in yesterday, and earthed the amp via the boot lock. works fine.

however, the boot now rattles like no tomorrow, has anyone else had this!??!

is it cos the wire is lifting the boot lock that little bit?

where du guys wire your amp earth points?

(NOTE: my car is a clio 182)

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 07 February 2005
earthed mine in the big bolt thread that holds the 2 back seats into the floor

without drilling the boot, this is the best mounting point for the earth

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Cool, i might try it there then. I hope i can adjust the lock back easily!! i cant live with this rattling to long. seems silly just a wire (bearing in mind its just a flat terminal) can create such a rattle!! hmmm.

thanks for the fast response!!

[Edited by RobHardyUK on 07 February 2005 at 8:01pm]

i used the bolt that holds the rear seatbelt catches to the floorpan (under the seatbase) seems to provide a good earth.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeah my mate said to use that loony, might give that a go. hope i can get boot lock off tho, i went a bit heavy handed with the driver, and rounded the pesky head onthe torx bolt

If you pull the carpet back on the either side of the boot , behind the rear light clusters there is a proper earth point on both sides with loads of other earths going to them. :D

Ziel Nurburgring

I went for the luggage net loop againt the boot lid. Its out of the way and easy to do.