ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 M3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The man who doesn't like cars has done ok.

Totally surprised about the colour too; I'd have never picked that but it just looks perfect! Absolutely love it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers wee guy! I didn't go out looking for this colour; kind of came up by chance!

​I hate cars.

Surprised how nice this is in silver, lovely! Had a play with one when I was on the bike on Sunday, fvcking quick.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Love it Ali. Those wheels just make it even better.

Keep us posted over the coming months on running costs, mate. Genuinely interested.

<3

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Love these. Guy at work has a manual in the Dark blue colour, makes me want one.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Love it Ali. Those wheels just make it even better. Keep us posted over the coming months on running costs, mate. Genuinely interested. <3

My insurance went up c£200!! Which was a bit hard to swallow!

Other than that, running costs are the same as the Z4M...Fuel is much for muchness against the Z4 on my average drive which is both surprising and a pleasant surprise! Then again the S54 was a thirsty lump!

I'm getting 17mpg around town and 26mpg on long runs @ 77 mph.

Servicing is all subjective on how it's driven as opposed to the old Insp1, oil, Insp2, oil etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My insurance went up c£200!! Which was a bit hard to swallow! Other than that, running costs are the same as the Z4M...Fuel is much for muchness against the Z4 on my average drive which is both surprising and a pleasant surprise! Then again the S54 was a thirsty lump! I'm getting 17mpg around town and 26mpg on long runs @ 77 mph.Servicing is all subjective on how it's driven as opposed to the old Insp1, oil, Insp2, oil etc.
Re. This. On a full year with the mpg stated above, it's approx 2k more on fuel than the Z4M.I've not had to service the car yet...

Aren't they M3 competition pack alloys? That came standard on the frozen editions? And the 500's?

Yeah thats the point they are all the same bbs rims and will have slightly differing offsets and widths
They all carry the same bmw style code

SQ5
I clearly can't count. They're still not CSL wheels though, they are the competition/1M wheels. CSL wheels have a smooth concave, the ones on this M3 in the OP has a sharp concave.

I will help you out here as i am being pedantic , bbs rims on a csl are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear , those are 9 and 10 as per the 1m and m3 gts , the main tell is the spoke on a csl finishes inside the outer bead and on the 1m/gts rims the flute onto the outer bead . The offset of a csl rim is not quite the same either.

You can only get gen csl rims for a csl with the vin and its a wait of months to get one as my mate waited 3 months to get one after a recent accident in his csl.

The rims in the pic of the ops car are most likely m3 gts competition rims if gen as i think there may be an offset difference between a 1m and an m3 but not 100% on that

SQ5
I will help you out here as i am being pedantic , bbs rims on a csl are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear , those are 9 and 10 as per the 1m and m3 gts , the main tell is the spoke on a csl finishes inside the outer bead and on the 1m/gts rims the flute onto the outer bead . The offset of a csl rim is not quite the same either.

You can only get gen csl rims for a csl with the vin and its a wait of months to get one as my mate waited 3 months to get one after a recent accident in his csl.

The rims in the pic of the ops car are most likely m3 gts competition rims if gen as i think there may be an offset difference between a 1m and an m3 but not 100% on that

Helping me out with what? I just said they weren't CSL wheels, which they are not. Then you went all BMGeek.

Helping you understand why , as to 99% of the world they are csl wheels ,if yourgoing to say they arnt at least explain why

The difference to the average person is so small they wont notice

Looks lovely, I knew that you had one, but I'd not seen pics till now.

Do you paint the front end on this car every time you drive it ?

xx

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I never meant CSL wheels in my earlier post. They are OEM competition pack wheels. Still on original paint Craig... For now.