ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I know the wheels are the same size you lemon lol but the tyres on the rear are wider lol

Inferno 225 cup
Being truthful I've never liked these car, as a lad at work has one and it's looks abused and wrecked.

But I quite like yours rob ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Clarkson.

Quite a lot end up a little worse for wear because they can be costly to maintain, but that's what comes from buying a car that was 35k or whatever when new.

I always try to tidy my cars up, so this one's no different.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks hard! Just a shame about the colour of wheels! ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lol it now looks like you are poor.

Are you poor?

Thank god! That's the impression I'm trying to give to my place of work. "Can't even afford new tyres" is the angle I'm going for.

Looks good Rob despite the awful rim colouring

LOL! Cheers Vein.

Needs a personalised reg.

You're right, but this would make me look richer. But really, I'll be getting one at some point.

Kinda like the wheel colour :eek:

Had a hit to the head?

FLOL!

I like it on the bogey green wheels :)

The wheels themselves are great, just a shame we painted them funny TBH.

172 Cup
You know the roof is pointless you're just trying to annoy us now lol.
I've always found the cabin noise impressive for a soft top on mine!

Shame you're having problems mate. Any idea how to change the battery in the fob? Mine just went!

The key fob charges while you're driving it.

Leon Cupra 300
Looks good on them wheels!

Got winter rubber on? I just put winters on mine and it's not great to drive, so much movement in the tread.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I love it on these wheels (not the colour though). Seems to give it a more purposeful stance. What have you done with that bumper mate?

Cheers mate. It's still at Lukes :eek: (blame Luke). But I'm in no rush to get it painted, it just something I wanted done.

The key fob charges while you're driving it.

Thanks for that, I'll swap key fobs over every once in a while! ha!

Cheers, yeah I've sorted it now!
For some reason I needed to resync it with the car again, worked a treat after that. I'm glad it worked, the key costs a couple of hundred quid

Care to give me the re-sync thing? I lost the ability to drop/close my windows with the key and think it may need syncing.

Looks good on them wheels!

Got winter rubber on? I just put winters on mine and it's not great to drive, so much movement in the tread.

Winter rubber?? Old track rubber that have glazed and drive like I'm on ice you mean? Yeah, that's what I fitted :eek:

Z4
Cheers mate. It's still at Lukes :eek: (blame Luke). But I'm in no rush to get it painted, it just something I wanted done.

Thanks for that, I'll swap key fobs over every once in a while! ha!

Care to give me the re-sync thing? I lost the ability to drop/close my windows with the key and think it may need syncing.

Winter rubber?? Old track rubber that have glazed and drive like I'm on ice you mean? Yeah, that's what I fitted :eek:

Couldnt tell you off the top of my head mate but do a search on the z4forums, easy enough, lots of seemingly random clicks at certain times!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The car was looking like a heap today (well the lights did) whilst Rob was doing an oil change. I went through the paper then got the polisher to get it back up.

Also the faggots at the body shop let water in the light so we sorted that too.

7EA7EC69-E1D5-478D-A1EC-AF8BE135485B-1276-0000018B6B327B9C.jpg

4AF32611-6D35-4D49-ACEB-3E2355839B04-1276-0000018B677EEF90.jpg

97FDA65E-E238-463D-9641-CAD9527CB04D-1276-0000018B63A861C7.jpg

4AED91DA-0B44-4272-84EC-74AE380BD644-1276-0000018B57ABC9BD.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Did you go drifting like the scooby boyz in the snow? I left the car from Thursday night to today as I didn't want to stick it in a ditch

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I should have come over mate!

Vein, I've done loads of miles, including quite a few just for fun, it's such a controllable car with the light back, it doesn't have a lot of weight to pull you about so I drove around a lot of deserted roads in Luton/Sidcup very sideways having great fun.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you're like me you haven't exactly had a wealth of chances to try and get the car sideways, i.e somewhere you don't have to worry about hitting something if you spin or whatever.

The snow is a great place to have a go and see how it reacts because it'll do what it normally does but in slow motion/with a lot less power. I'd definitely get out and try find a car park that's still iced over!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I spend far too much time sideways :eek:

Cars looking good mate, they sound fantastic with a fruity exhaust

Cheers Russ, I can't wait to get it back to summer mode though, along with a bushes refresh and alignment I should be in love with it again.

I have been considering an exhaust but I'd need to buy a new sound generator as having the foam removed from mine means lots of induction noise, and tbh I'd only want one or the other!

Does it make them droney at motorway speeds?

What are the wheels off? Got a pic of the actual wheel?

The wheels are actually BMW style 32's...

115240_x800.jpg

They've got an "interesting" paint job we did for a track day for a laugh (which looking back I regret because they're lovely wheels).

They're sprakling graphite splattered with luminous green....

Trackday1.jpg

I've left them dirty all winter... :eek:

There is a silencer partial bypass mod you can do mate. I'll dig it out when not on my phone. Might be of interest.

E85 3.0i
Rob can't you just stick the foam back in the generator/cut some to size?

Looks like you've been having fun, mines not moved - living at the top of a steep bank means I'd never get home lol

Megane r26
Just had a quick browse, really like your z4. I'm really warming to these after a good friend of mine had a 3.0 with with what I think was some sort of m spec leather interior. Only thing he had me do to that was change the hydraulic roof motor after it failed to to water ingress. Still wasn't a bad job.

Great car mate

53 Clio's & counting
It depends on what make you go for Rob, some can be a right earfull, and it's hard to decide what is loud and what isn't - have a bit of time on youtube and have a listen, see what you like, as some sound awesome :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There is a silencer partial bypass mod you can do mate. I'll dig it out when not on my phone. Might be of interest.

I think that's the //M? I'd love to be proved wrong though!

Rob can't you just stick the foam back in the generator/cut some to size?

Looks like you've been having fun, mines not moved - living at the top of a steep bank means I'd never get home lol

Well, I didn't do the mod, Laura, did, so I'm not entirely sure what the foam is supposed to look like. If I could see some pics of some or something maybe I could cut a sponge up and stick it in? lol!

Just had a quick browse, really like your z4. I'm really warming to these after a good friend of mine had a 3.0 with with what I think was some sort of m spec leather interior. Only thing he had me do to that was change the hydraulic roof motor after it failed to to water ingress. Still wasn't a bad job.

Great car mate

Thanks mate, I love the sport seats, but they're an expensive game! I have the standard black leather which is OK, but the sports leather just looks immense. I've been pretty lucky with my roof motor so far, next weekend I'm going to clear the drain holes out as this is supposed to stop the problem.

It depends on what make you go for Rob, some can be a right earfull, and it's hard to decide what is loud and what isn't - have a bit of time on youtube and have a listen, see what you like, as some sound awesome :)

Maybe I'll have a look, I'm not sure if I'd regret it or not...