ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome Rob! That brake dust is mental!

New pads much! I prefer the OE wheels... and it parked up in a pub carpark with the roof down and sun shining. :eek:

Posing not driven!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Chris: Badly in the wet, with Ant driving it (faster than me) he was on par, but I was being overtaken left right and centre.

Kev: It's back to looking pretty again now, wheels off and full clean yesterday.

It's nice to have a car that can be both ends of the scale, power wagon, then swap the wheels over and off we go.

The amount of brake dust was frightening, cleaning it yesterday was a nightmare!!'

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Saved cleaning the wheels til last too, Gally would have a fit.

Love this car, looks awesome with the top down. Was well jel yesterday of you and Tyler :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Did Rob take those fronts with him?

Car looks proper smart in comparison to what it did Ant!

Need to get those track wheels cleaned up, before that brake dust eats that wonderful finish..

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yer he took them, I'm kinda looking forward to doing them graphite tbh.

You're right or does look smart, I'm with Luke I was quite jealous when you drove away yesterday!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Luke. I'll take you out for a proper spin next time I see you mate, ant doing your car soon??

Cool mate. Yeah, need to buy some parts and head back (for Ant) to fit them. Despite it only being an imaginary noise, lol. Good day yesterday, beers in the sun and pissing about with cars is always a winner.

Insignia SRi
Rob what are thos track wheels all about lol, I had a look when I drove past the other day. Looks like somebody sneezed over them lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not updated this for a while....

Not much has happened TBH, some idiot decided to overtake where they really shouldn't have, so I had to bump on the kerb to avoid them, this = two lightly kerbed wheel "barrells" and then using a wheel as a gazebo weight wasn't my best idea = one damaged star. So yeah, if I want the wheels to be mint again, they need some re-powdercoating.

I also discovered my oil level sensor wasn't working, so fitted a new one, turns out it was faulty, so they've delivered another, but I've got to drop the oil to fit it, which is a right wanker, so I haven't bothered yet.

I also need new tyres soon and can't be bothered to pay for them, when I'm back off holiday I'll be buying 19" CSL's and some eibachs, after seeing some back to back pictures of a car on eibachs, I cannot believe the difference it makes. Looks so much better.

Oh and a quick picture of my car from CSS (Luke waxed it for me so it was shiny), more updates soon:

7712242340_79cc8fbdce_z.jpg

E85 3.0i
Looking really fresh Rob, silver does suit them.

I'm tempted by the eibachs, need to see some back to back pics I think will have a search - only problem been our drive is on a slope so it could end badly...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I also need new tyres soon and can't be bothered to pay for them, when I'm back off holiday I'll be buying 19" CSL's and some eibachs, after seeing some back to back pictures of a car on eibachs, I cannot believe the difference it makes. Looks so much better.

:dapprove:

Track wheels on some nice 17" rubber.... will look MUCH better and far more original/badass...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks shiny. Some hero cleaned that I guess. Good looking, too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
looks awesome Rob, at some point we should really have a meet up and swap Z4 stories!

Definitely mate, it's been a while. Have to have a pint or something. I want to see the transformer roof too.

Looking really fresh Rob, silver does suit them.

I'm tempted by the eibachs, need to see some back to back pics I think will have a search - only problem been our drive is on a slope so it could end badly...

There's some recent back to back's by "bing" or similar, the difference is immense. The pics are on page two though I think.

Looked great at CSS mate.

Cheers treacle, loved the 200 too.

Oh hello!

Got to be done I think, worst case would be std wheels and eibachs.

:dapprove:

Track wheels on some nice 17" rubber.... will look MUCH better and far more original/badass...

You just want to sell your tyres!!!!

There's no way in hell I'd run those wheels as they are, just don't keep with the car image.

Looks shiny. Some hero cleaned that I guess. Good looking, too.

:eek: Cheers again!

Z4
Looking good Rob!

If I'm honest, I never liked z4s in silver, but yours does look nice, the black grill suits it perfect.

You still enjoying it then? I am mine :) I'll pop a project thead up at some point and take some decent photos.

I did exactly the same thing as you btw with the thread on z4forums with the springs lol, it's got to be done at some point!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Heated seat buttons have arrived today, this is going to be fun.....

Looking good Rob!

If I'm honest, I never liked z4s in silver, but yours does look nice, the black grill suits it perfect.

You still enjoying it then? I am mine :) I'll pop a project thead up at some point and take some decent photos.

I did exactly the same thing as you btw with the thread on z4forums with the springs lol, it's got to be done at some point!

Cheers mate, I'm actually a big fan of silver cars (can you tell), but to make them look good they always need to have things like mint wheels, and properly black black bits etc.

Look forward to seeing some proper bits about yours mate, I'm still really loving mine, like, loads.

Looking good Rob!

Cheers mate, sorry about the centre caps :eek:

Crying out for a private plate :eek:.

Looks good though.

For once, you're actually right.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Like I'd make any other.

Going to sell my wheels, sling it on the track ones for a week and then go CSL style, all when I'm back from holiday.

Shouldn't really do any more credit, but one little thing can't hurt, right?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep, 19's too.

Just wired in my heated seats (totally at work, "working").

Work just fine as far as I can tell, but it's bloody hot outside so I didn't want to leave them on for too long.

New control panel with two more buttons though, boss spec.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I did however crack the front plate today. :eek: lol!

Pretty impressed with the heated seats so far, need some cold weather to give them a proper go as now I just get too toasty.

Last edited:
Putting the heated seats on when someone gets in and not telling them and making them feel like they've wet themselves never gets boring BTW.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Putting the heated seats on when someone gets in and not telling them and making them feel like they've wet themselves never gets boring BTW.

Quite right, got the mrs the other night. Proper roasting outside and she fidgeted for 10 minutes before she figured out what was going on. I felt mean, but twas funny.

how did you manage that!!? tut tut lol

Definitely didn't drive into the wall I am supposed to park infront of.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He tried to do it to me but failed miserably. So I soaked his leather seats in sweat instead.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive been driving a 12 plate audi... you forget these things. spaceial sp* awareness is something you develop in the early stages of childhood lol