ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynolicious App - iPhone/iTouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Cup
"Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!
Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:
  • 0-60 Acceleration
  • 1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
  • Lateral G's
  • Horsepower
Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses."

http://www.dynolicious.com/index.php
http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=7900

Anyone bought this application?
Thoughts?

Have my doubts how accurate this can be tbh! :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mates mini cooper has 498BHP according to this program.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Just been having a play with this, and after about 5 or 6 rubbish wheel-spinning starts I managed this:

photo1.jpg

2002 Clio

7 Aug 2010 18:48
Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 1.27 sec
0-20 MPH: 2.32 sec
0-30 MPH: 3.21 sec
0-40 MPH: 4.27 sec
0-50 MPH: 5.85 sec
0-60 MPH: 7.24 sec
0-70 MPH: 9.13 sec
Elapsed Time

60': 3.02 sec @ 26.6 MPH
330': 7.08 sec @ 57.3 MPH
1/8 mi: 10.38 sec @ 71.3 MPH
1000': 13.82 sec @ 65.6 MPH
Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 72.1 MPH
Max Acceleration: 0.60 G's
Peak Horsepower: 156 HP

Generated by Dynolicious

Seems about right?! Discuss...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
As long as you get it fitted securely so the phone can't move around and mess up the accelerometer/gyro readings, the app's not far wrong. Its not 100% accurate but at the end of the day its an app, its more bloody useful than getting your mate with a stop watch.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Haven't tried the Renault app; but there seems to be a few clones of this app, Bosch Renault etc. I have my iPhone mounted with a cracking little screen mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.