ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dumbass question

Ph 1 172
well the car has been off the road now for several weeks(months) due to a violent knocking noising coming from the engine bay when accelerating in any gear usually from about 1400rpm and onwards to bout 4500rpm. I originally thought it was the dephaser pully as did several people on here, but i checked these over and found no play or issues to report. Then for some god forsaken reason i decided to check the upper gearbox mount today now i have not seen what these are supposed to look like but im guessing that this mount is FUBAR. so im going to check the other mount (dogbone i think its called) would this cause a very loud knocking noise under acceleration? aand is it worth upgraded to the ktec uprated mounts or are the standard ones fine?

(all that for one question sorry lol)
395158_10151133822870023_616405022_22266922_1521139074_n.jpg

Im assuming there are 2 bolts missing from the mount

Yep will cause your knocking, bolts are missing as you stated. Id replace all your mounts with Ktec ones (or other equal), best thing ive ever done to my Clio, transforms the feel.

Ph 1 172
yeah i was going to ask that is it advised to change all mounts to uprated not just one or 2, as im thinking that only using one might cause more stress on the others as the uprated one is stronger.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I would have thought there was a very strong chance that you have found the source of the knock.
You can see here where the mount has been knocking and impacting the ali:
knocking.jpg

Ph 1 172
only just noticed that on the photo thanks alot for pointing that out mate. hoepfully it will be fixed not getting my hopes up though (slightly excited about getting my car back lol)

Arctic Blue FF 182
only just noticed that on the photo thanks alot for pointing that out mate. hoepfully it will be fixed not getting my hopes up though (slightly excited about getting my car back lol)

No worries, didn't know whether you had seen it or not, so thought it was worth pointing out. Hope this is the problem after all and you can get back to enjoying the car! Good luck

Ph 1 172
Does anyone know the part number from Renault or size of the 2 bolts that are missing got the new mount(standard) but it didnt come with the bolts.

Titanium 182
well the car has been off the road now for several weeks(months) due to a violent knocking noising coming from the engine bay when accelerating in any gear usually from about 1400rpm and onwards to bout 4500rpm. I originally thought it was the dephaser pully as did several people on here, but i checked these over and found no play or issues to report. Then for some god forsaken reason i decided to check the upper gearbox mount today now i have not seen what these are supposed to look like but im guessing that this mount is FUBAR. so im going to check the other mount (dogbone i think its called) would this cause a very loud knocking noise under acceleration? aand is it worth upgraded to the ktec uprated mounts or are the standard ones fine?

(all that for one question sorry lol)
395158_10151133822870023_616405022_22266922_1521139074_n.jpg

Im assuming there are 2 bolts missing from the mount

Jesus lol well at least its a nice cheap fix mate!

Ph 1 172
I can figure out how the f**k it's happened lol. But I'm a bit confused is it a simple bolt that screws underneath the battery tray and on top or does this connect the gearbox through the holes? I have a new set of mounts to fit this weekend. Just never changed them on this car do but confused

Clio 182
i'm having a similar problem mate, being abit thick maybe here but, where abouts do I look to check for bolts or a knackered mount?

Ph 1 172
You have the one on the left hand side of the engine bay which is seen the second you open the bonnet and the one you are looking at in my pic is below the battery that just needs removing to see it. The other one from what I gather is below the battery tray need to remove the arch liner but not 100% sure

Clio 182
right cheers mate i'll have a gander later on. Mine doesnt seem to make a noise till about 4500rpm and above. Really annoying tho :-@