ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual Voice Coils!! Wiring HELP!!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
anybody know how to wire a component speaker with dual voice coils?? never before wired anything with this kind of set up so im a bit unsure! a diagram would be very nice to if u have one!! :D:D:D

thanks

Renshaw

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
is that it laura? what about the negative?? my cross over also has a funny set up. theres no markings to say which is terminal is what! just 3 pairs of terminals marked J1, J2 and J3. they're the vibe Black Air 5" with the hexagonal shaped crossovers! ...really gay!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
negative to negative then to the neg on the x over, as for the x overs no idea you will need to read the instuctions i assume

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
no instructions ...second hand! so + to + and - to - and then wire to the crossovers as normal? cant even get a pdf file of the manual off the vibe website.

ta laura

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
aye, if you have poop amp tho that cant hack 1ohm then you will have to do it the other way but you will only get 1/3 of the power

BMW M135i
Very few cheap amps are 1ohm stable so i'd check before you kill it. They'll probably want wiring to present a 4ohm load.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
right sorry gus and gals! just sussed it! there are 2 sets or terminals on these speakers because they can be used as both components or coaxials! the tweeter can mount in the centre of the speaker snd therefore the extra pair of terminals is to wire the tweeters!

D'OH

Renshaw