ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dual optic conversion help

chumpmobile
hello,
i followed the guide on converting my lights to dual optics, but i am stuck on the fuse part.

the dipped beams don't stay on when i have my full beams on, i believe it to be because of a missing fuse?

In order to make the low beam stay on with the high beam a fuse has to be added to the fusebox, all clios have the wiring ready, you just need to pop the fuse into position. This is also required to pass a MOT. The fusebox is on the drivers side on the end of the dash (open the door) clip off the panel. The position to add the fuse is where it says dual headlights in the manual, the symbol is a light with 3 straight lines next to it.

i have a problem here. there is no symbol with three lines, only one with 4. should i use this one?

also, there are no spaces without fuses in that have got the metal connectors for the fuses, just empty plastic holes... therefore no logical place to put a fuse...

help needed please :)

cheers, jamie

Jap Box
Yep the guide is wrong, no space for the fuse.

You can do it with some kind of relay I think but its not needed for the MOT.

lrj

Clio II Ph1 1.4 16v
The fuse for the dual optics is the circled one:
Dual Optic Fuse.JPG

Perhaps only certain Mk2 Ph1 have the connectors for that fuse though, either by year or trim level. My 2001 1.4 16v Alize does.