ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DTM @ Brands Hatch

Oil Burner
So it was DTM this weekend just gone, and it was brilliant. I really enjoyed the event, the secuirty wasnt as OTT as previous years (or even BSB) and the weather held out for most of the weekend.

Glad to say i didnt break any cameras this weekend, but i was playing with my new ND8 filter (which i love).

Anyway, here are the shots. I'm going to go for more weird shots as you've all seen the normal angles a million times!

All feedback positive or negative greatly appreciated!

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-0144-L.jpg

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-0067-L.jpg

3. An inevitable shot

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-3068-L.jpg

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-3430-L.jpg

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-9477-L.jpg

6. Something a bit different

DTMBRANDSHATCH-2869-L.jpg

DTMBRANDSHATCH-3031-L.jpg

8. Not very original - but i still love this angle!

DTMBRANDSHATCH-2527-L.jpg

9. My - now traditional DTM shot

DTMBRANDSHATCH-4810-L.jpg

10. Not the most interesting shot, but i wasted about 500 shots trying to capture a flame. So it's going up!

DTMBRANDSHATCH-1915-L.jpg

11. Messing around with slowish shutter speeds

DTMBRANDSHATCH2012-0918-L.jpg

12. Not sure about this one - i'm not sure your eye is drawn to the car?

DTMBRANDSHATCH-3207-L.jpg

13. One more to show we wern't always chucked out of the pits this year

DTMBRANDSHATCH-1680-L.jpg

Cupra
Great set as always. I disagree with you on #10, it has something about it that made it stand out (which isn't the flame).

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome Shots as always mate! Bit gutted I couldn't make it this weekend :(

Number 10 is my favourite!

Oil Burner
Great set as always. I disagree with you on #10, it has something about it that made it stand out (which isn't the flame).

Thanks mate, its a shot i will have to try again with some more vibrant/contrasty weather (prob btcc later in the year), I think that might make all the difference.

Awesome Shots as always mate! Bit gutted I couldn't make it this weekend :(

Number 10 is my favourite!

Thanks mate, its a superb event for a range of reasons. The DTM racing is actually very dull, but the cars are spectacular and really show the other series how it should be done in terms of being a showcase for technology. The support races offer much better entertainment, particually the Lotus race and the Euroseries nascar things (which are hilariously awesome)

Definitely make sure you make it next year :)

Cheers Jay! Glad you liked the angle down g/hill i used on Rob's car. That was a new one for me, but goes someway to show how contoured that part of the circuit is.

Great as always

Thankyou mate, see you in a few weeks hopefully!

Great as always, need to get to this one year.

Cheers!
Make sure you do!

Don't really need to say much for that set. Epic!

Such a great track for photos, I'd love to have a go on the 'other side of the fence'.

For shots like 6 and 7, what sort of shutter speeds is that? 1/40th ish?

Oil Burner
DTM > All.

Great pics, but did you take any where the background wasn't blurred?

LOL nope.

All jokes aside - i do take more 'normal' shots as this is what gets used by papers or for press.
These images are the ones i personally enjoy taking as they are more challenging and convey more of the speed/feel of the event imho. The reason this thread is full of these images, is that i use these forums (here and talk photography) as a way of seeing peoples opinions of my weirder images (as at the end of the day i don't take these images for myself they do need to sell).

Ontop of this, at most of the events i attend there are maybe 100 spectator photographers and maybe 75 trackside photographers. If people want to see standard images they can find them in so many places, i enjoy showing people something a bit different from angles that lots of photographers don't use. That is also the reason i post the images in Photography not General/motorsport.

Great set as usual, Nick.
My favourite has to be the last shot though, not something you often see shots of from race meets!