ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500's and Brembo HC's - what about brake fluid??

Orange 182
Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I've got my first ever track day next week so would appreciate some advice.

I've just ordered some ferodo ds2500's and brembo HC discs for the front of my 182. My question is... is it worth me also changing the brake fluid for the track day?

If so, are the standard 182 brake lines ok with this setup and what fluid do people recommend?

My track day is at Cadwell park on 8th April, anyone else going?

Cheers guys, Pete.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I've got my first ever track day next week so would appreciate some advice.

I've just ordered some ferodo ds2500's and brembo HC discs for the front of my 182. My question is... is it worth me also changing the brake fluid for the track day?

If so, are the standard 182 brake lines ok with this setup and what fluid do people recommend?

My track day is at Cadwell park on 8th April, anyone else going?

Cheers guys, Pete.

Id recommend buying some Goodridge lines as well & flushing it through with Castrol Response Super Dot 4. Very good front set up for day to day/light track use imho ...

Orange 182
Cheers for the quick answers :approve:

I like the idea of the goodridge lines but would it be sufficient to just go for the new fluid using the standard lines? I don't want the brake lines to let down the rest of the system but if I can get away without replacing the lines for now then I will do ;)

ph1-172
any dot 5.1 will do. dot4 is crap as its properties change after being hot-cold loads times. 5.1 doesn't.

its also thinner and flows quicker

PH1 172 Sport
any dot 5.1 will do. dot4 is crap as its properties change after being hot-cold loads times. 5.1 doesn't.

its also thinner and flows quicker

Most of the best brake fluid is DOT 4. I suggest you go have a read up on brake fluid! ;)

172 cup
Yep they stock it. I got my ATE from GSF about £15 a liter. Mine took just under 1 liter but is a cup so no abs

PH1 172
Cheers for the quick answers :approve:

I like the idea of the goodridge lines but would it be sufficient to just go for the new fluid using the standard lines? I don't want the brake lines to let down the rest of the system but if I can get away without replacing the lines for now then I will do ;)

IMHO I would get goodridge lines if you are already doing all the other bits mate as the standard lines will expand with the pressure you will be applying all day around track and will let the rest of your brake system down. I use 5.1 brake fluid but can't for the life of me remember which one :eek:

phase 1 172
I did my first track day a few weeks ago at Bedford autodrome. I fitted Brembo HC discs with carbone lorraine RC+ pads to the front and changed the brake fluid - Carbone lorraine dot 4 racing fluid. left the rears standard. Not a hint of fade all day long. Such an improvement over standard and didn't cost alot of wedge. Got it all from K-tec.
Have fun.

Orange 182
Thanks alot for the feedback guys

I'm getting new fluid and braided lines fitted with the ds2500's and brembo HC's. Just can't wait to try the new setup now especially on the track!

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Right, my mechanic is not working this weekend and the squeeling driving me insane (also binding!). Taken carriers off and one of the pads was very tightly fitted. Removed them all, resanded surface to get rid of any glazing, re-fitted but forgot to remove the darn shims! Am I likely to experience the same problems with these fitted? Also, does anyone have a pic of the areas to file down on the pads?
Thanks

PH1 172 Sport
There's a thread on here somewhere with pictures of what to file. Try a search to see if you can find it.

Orange 182
Quick update:

The DS2500's and Brembo HC's were superb on the track. It was my first track day but it wasn't long before I was out breaking many of the other cars, the brakes just didn't falter all day. They've also been fine on the road since, get a bit of squeaking every now and then but I can deal with that.

Thanks to the guys at NWPerformance for fitting them and giving my 182 a quick health check, I'll be in touch soon about those ancient exhaust mounts ;-)