ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ds2500 fitting probs?

172 ph-quick
ordered a front set of the ds2500's and brembo hc's to go with them and recieved them today. the pad part number on the invoice is fcp406h but ive been sent fcp565h instead. rang ktec who said these are the new design but you may encounter problems fitting, as in ill need to shave a bit off the back of the pad as they're thicker than the old ones apparently. anyone else had the same parts with no problems fitting? just dont wanna get started on saturday only to find out ill need several sheets of sandpaper to get the job done, going on a ph1 too if that makes any difference?

Chances are you'll need to file/grind off a little off the metal backing on the pads, if you fit them to tightly they'll bind and you'll end up with them squealing. I've just fitted a set myself but even after filing the pads I'm still getting squealing from them.

BMW M5 & E36
Common practice to have to remove a bit of the backing plate. File/grinder or whatever you have. Also make sure you remove the shims. K-tec know their stuff so you should be reet.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Not sure what my part number was, but JMS had to file a lot off two of the pads (either the ones in the outer holder or inner, can't remember one was bigger than the other). A fair bit had to come off around the edges of the backing plate for them to fit, sandpaper won't cut it, using a file was long enough work!

Shims were left in, copper greased the back and have been awesome, only squeaking I get is when the pads aren't warmed up.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
mine squel like a nun @ a gang-bang! but i have began to like it now... kinda like th noise the brakes make on GTR-evolution when you lock the f1 brakes!

172 ph-quick
well ill invest in a decent file or cheapo grinder and see how i get on. not averse to a bit of bodging within the realms of safety so will get pictures as i go for future reference if i can get the camera to work, cheers guys