ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drums!

RB 182 FF
I have taken drum brakes apart before on all sorts of different cars and when I come round to my little Clio I have found one that won’t come off.

​So I am taking the drums off to fix a small irritating squeak that I have. I started off with the off side (both drums are at the rear) and it went well. Wheel off and then take the hub nut off. After doing this with a little bit of persuasion with a drum puller she comes off easy.

I then move round to do the near side and it’s a different story. I take the wheel off and then the hub nut, then I fixed the drum puller to the drum. Everything is normal and then I start to wind on the puller. And it won’t budge one bit. I put so much presser on the drum puller that I actually broke the bolt in the middle off! So I went through it all. The brakes are not binding on the drum. The wheel bearing looks to be in good condition. There is nothing weird about it I just can’t get the FU*KER off!!!

The car in question is a 2003 5 door 1.2 Clio

If anyone can help or knows of some ghetto way of getting drums off please get in touch.