ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove through a puddle

Clio 172
The other day and my car has been fine up until today. When I'm accelerating the stop, service and abs light comes on and my headlight where switching off and on and the dash lights were dimming. Now my drivers window won't go down and my passenger headlights blown or ballast has blown.

any ideas guys ?

Clio 172
Thanks for the reply, I thought mabye water had got into the fuse box or something so sprayed some dw40 on all the fuses, it was more of a flood than a puddle was up until just under the bump strips on the door

Clio 172
I got my alternator reconditioned a few months back I'm sure I got a year warranty with it, yeah my brother said that it could be the alternator aswell but I thought then the battery light would be on. Thanks for the reply

Clio 172
So went out to start the car tonight and the alarm went off and wasn't starting. So I put a charged battery in it and it started but still all the lights on the dash where on and headlights going off still, any ideas guys I'm thinking alternator but checked the ground and it's intact and no battery light on ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Drove through a puddle, well more a lake, but yeah.

I'd say alternator related tbh if it's when you're pressing on. Give it time to dry right out and hope for the best would be my advice right now.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Put the car in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard. Should see it right.

Clio 172
Batteries now completely flat door locks ain't working, don't think they have ever been used and don't fancy snapping my key. any ideas what would cause all of this.

ps can see the line on my car from where I went through the flood was only above the side skirt really.

any help would be great thanks