ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drought

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I read about it in the paper the other day mate, then realised I stay in one of the wettest places on earth.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I think we normally ask you for some water if things get desperate

My answer will be to sell the car.

But on a serious note, Brian, I would just change to a bucket of water and ONR, or Optimum No Rinse, as a lot of detailers do when there is no water source available, such as at shows.

ITB BG 182
Mine not change, Me mother is proper ecowarrior at the moment.

We have 4 IBC's that hold 1400ltrs each (5.8k ltr if you go above the levels on each) collected from the rain water off the house roof and shed roofs.
And because the solar pump has a 3 stage filter on it too, it means muck free water in one of the tubs.

Otherwise it is mainly used for watering the garden plants/trees.

Megane 225 F1
FFS the thought of people thinking they are in for a drought really pisses me off. Africa is in drought. We are not. f**k off you wingy c***s.

ITB BG 182
The thing that makes me laugh, is that the goverment blame people for using their hose pipes too much then also double bum everyone for it and ban us all.

When the local councils are making huge site with concrete bases on and filling massive amounts of landscape in to landfill then to doubley over do it with chopping of natural land down.
Its no wonder that the natural water reserve is on minimum already, water needs to flow through the soil and further underground to reach where it usually goes by nature.

Either places like Ladybower dam needs to double in size by either width, depth or length or all three OR... the Goverment need to start makint desalination plants/pump stations on the coast ready to pump water back over.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
When water actually stops flowing we will be in a drought. Until then I don't see a problem lol

I just wack the hose out and carry on. I pay for water, I'll use it however I wish.

TBH I'll be the same, Just get the buckets round the back of the house, fill them up and get on with it. Get a watering can out to rinse the car.

No hosepipes used ;)

It's not like I'm leaving the tap on pissing water everywhere for no reason. I know plenty of people that leave taps on for hours on end for no reason. Same principle.