ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped a screw into the Engine....

compartment while changing over to my Pipercross panel filter!!! I also lost a screwdriver bit.

I hoped they would fall right throug, but then I reliased that the Clio 172 (I dont know about any other) is sealed under the engin.

does anyone know where I can get a new screw from, or do they come in a pack or something?

I just concerned that with a screw missing the airbox will allow hot air to bleed in. Does that happen?

Clio v6

Can you not undo the front of engine cover underneath and have a rumage around with a magnetic screwdriver?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i did this with mine, twice!!, IIRC, if you look right down behind the engine there is a tray that it probably has landed in (this is where my two went), and if you are clever enough you should be able to reach down and pick them up out of this (thats what I managed to do, but I do have long arms).

Renaultsport 220T

^^^^ Same here! There is a drainage hole that you can get your finger through, you might be able to get it here, or I used some of those double sided, sticky fixers, on a opened-out coat hanger. Otherwise, remove the tray.

I dont feel such a numbtie now, that someone else has done the same.

:oops: