ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped a no.6 socket, is it going to break anything?

1.5dci
I went out to check if non-air con clios have cabin filters after a thread on cliodci found mine does anyways.

But in doing so i dropped my no.6 socket (no handle) in the recess around the filter, see picture.

No apart from now not having the socket is it going to do any harm leaving it there, or is there an easy way of getting it out, as i'm no sure whats in there.

Please please help, i need to know what to do before I drive it to work in the morning and find i break it as it's jammed somewhere it shouldn't!

1.5dci
will be fine, magnet on the end of a bendy stick will get it out

ah thanks, i haven't got a magnet, or a stick so i'll leave it until later this week and try to get a magnet from town and go fishing!

or put my dying Hard Drive out of it's misery and nab the magnet out of it!

1.5dci
yea, i can almost image the ting noise it'll make, will find a magnet soon hopefully!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Had a car come in once to the dealer with a noise in it.........spent HOURS looking, her kid had got a mini marble down the air vent, clonk, roooolllll clonk, rolllllll clonk!! Grrrr!