ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drop link

one of mine has snapped. how easy us it to replace? my garage want 55quid for it and i just havent got it. is it particular urgent that i get it done? I understand what it does, but not sure if it will cause any damage to anything else.

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
Shouldn't cause any damage but the car will feel skittish when turning and you'll get knoking noises.

Most factors sell them for a few quid. Pretty easy to replace. My normal method for compressing the rubber enough to get the nut on is to jack the car up, wheel off. swap old crap for a new drop link Place a brick under the anti roll bar and lower the car back down untill the rubber compresses enough to get the nut started. jack up again, remove brick, tighten nut, replace wheel, jack down and drive off.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
on my old car they both snapped on each side. it only cost about £5.00 for one and that was from renault.

SEAT LEON
I Work In A Renault Dealer In Warrington They Do Only Cost About 2 Or 3 Quid They Are Easy To Change We Use A Special Tool Which Usually Takes 10 Mins. So All You Will Be Payin For Is Parts And Half Hour Labour { 55 Per Hour }

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah DIY job, Ive replaced both of mine, fiver each. Bit of a pain but easy enough. Doesnt have to be really really tight, think it was about 40 lb ft of torque but dont quote me on that bit!