ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Droning noise from rear

​So, I'm getting a droning noise around 35-40mph and around 70mph. It makes this noise with the clutch in or out and it's coming from the rear of the car, but not so loud that I can really discern a particular side. It's made this noise for a while and I took it to Kwik Fit / ATS and they both said they thought it wasn't the disc(s) but the rear tyres. I've since replaced those with brand new Michelin PS3's and at the same time had cup turinis put on the car.

After that, it still makes the noise but significantly quieter again clutch in or out doesn't matter. I kept the old tyres fortunately, in case they weren't the issue after all.

The rear right handside now also makes a strange noise. When rolling slowly it can be heard as a dull knock every now and then and it gets worse under braking. Only really hear it when coming to a stop slowly.

Any ideas?

Clio 182
2 things:

1. Wheel bearings
2. Cracked discs (but it would have been obvious when wheel was off)- so unlikely to be this if wheels were off for tyre change