ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Droning from rear

Ph2 Clio 172
I'm fairly certain one or both of my rear bearings are gone, as I have a constant drone coming from the rear that changes pitch with speed. But I've just jacked it up and there's no movement in the wheels. Is there anything else I should look for before ordering some OEM disks with bearings pressed in?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would say that its almost 100% the wheel bearings unless you have an issues with tyres not at the correct pressure.

Speak to @g172 about brakes if you need them as he supplies OE stuff at good prices and very fast delivery

Ph2 Clio 172
There aren't any spacers, checked when I changed pads last time and the previous garage that changed the disks obviously threw them out.

I've got new spacers and hub nuts ready, as I was always going to change the disks anyway. Its just the new droning noise without any wheel movement makes me wonder what else I should check while I'm at it :).

SQ5
If there are no spacers it will be that. 100%.

There isn't much back there to drone.

If you checked for them and they weren't there, why didn't you get some?