ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driving lights??

Leon FR ST
Just wondering how hard it would be to add drving lights to my car(so they're on when lights on dipped/full beam). They would be where the fog lights should be as my car doesnt have them.:(
Also what would the police be like with these because of the position they would be in??
cheers guys
G

Please.

No.

"Driving lights" will just look like foglights, regardless of what it says on the box, and the old bill will (hopefully, because they drive me nuts lol) pull you over and a) tell you you look like a chav, and b) give you a £30 fine.

Sorry fella lol

planning on doing this at some point too although mine's already got fog lamps and the associated wiring harness.

haven't looked into it yet but i assume you'd need the plastic mouldings that support the Renault fog lamps and would then need to source some identically sized/secured aftermarket driving lamps and wire them into the full beam circuit (maybe at the switch? i'm no good with autoelectrics).

they can't be illegal if they're only operated with full beam and you dip them for on-coming traffic (as you would do anyway).

mk1 ph3 rl
Just wired up some lights to my mk1 the other day. It was quite easy to wire them up so they only come on with full beam. Each driving lamp should have two wires positive and negative (Negative was green on mine). Just connect the -ve wire to the -ve terminal on the battery (whatever way you can) and then take the plug off the back of the headlamp. There shoud be three connectors on the back of the headlamp. Connect the lamps +ve wire to the connector thats closest to the middle of the car. I did this by stripping the end of the lamps wire ad feeding it through the hole in the connect and putting the plug back on to hold it in place. Worked fine for me.:)

there's nothing to be getting away with as far as i know - there are plenty of cars that are fitted with driving lamps (as standard equipment) in the same approximate location as other cars' fog lamps (eg. 205 GTi).