ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft Woes non sport

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
1.2 Clio 2001

Does the hub help push the shaft into the gearbox to force seal the gator? Aftermarket one leaks OE doesn't,

DETAIL:

So I have some aftermarket driveshafts to fit. O/S goes in no problem, so does N/S until I start putting in the gear box oil. It literally all pissed out the side of the rubber boot!

So obviously it appears I've fitted it wrong or pinched the gator, so I stripped it all down and refitted, nicely line up all bolted in and same happens again with the oil.

After stripping it and checking it for a 3rd time and throwing the axle stands down the drive I decide to refit the original one. As I've ran out of oil I can't see if it's the new shaft that doesn't fit well but my question is does the hub help push the shaft into the gearbox so force seal the gator?

Also the new non genuine one is a little shorter :S