ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft help

I am in the process of removing the o/s drive shaft and I have come across a problem.
I have undone the hub nut, ball joint nuts, the two nuts that are around the bearing and released the shaft from the hut but it still isn't moving.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Also tried to remove the carrier and can't get that off either.
Am I correct in saying that there are only 3 bolts to remove the carrier.

Lionel Richie
eh? you only have to undo the hub nut and the 2 lower ball joint bolts, steering full lock, t**t the shaft sticking out the hub, done

eh? you only have to undo the hub nut and the 2 lower ball joint bolts, steering full lock, t**t the shaft sticking out the hub, done

Yeah I did that but it won't come out.
Still no luck with it either.
Also found this
u2enabut.jpg

Any idea where that is from?

Okay got it out it was rusted to the gearbox so that is why it was being so difficult.

Is it a bad idea to put copper grease on the gear box splines to stop that happening again?

Also still no idea where the rather long bolt has come from......

The long bolt is from the inlet manifold.

Yeh copper slip is fine.

Thanks again mate.
You could charge for your help
I have packed everything up for the night and I'm being a bit lazy but is it accessible to get the bolt back in etc

I am having a nightmare with this.
When the drive shaft is in at the gearbox end I cannot get it to go all the way into the hub.

Does anyone have some tips for this it would be hugely appreciated.

Don't use a jack on the hub. Your making life difficult doing that.

When I said jack up the other side, I meant the other side of the car btw.

Ps, I'd have only charged an hour to do this!