ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft Help Please

Clio Trophy/Boxster
So while having my Trophy serviced the below was discovered on the passenger side drive shaft, unfortunately it seems Renault in there infinite wisdom no longer produce the repair kit so the only option if to replace the whole driveshaft! Any help/ideas or better still anyone with one of the kits (or know where I can obtain one) gratefully received.

Regards
R2TR

ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds1.jpg

ValverInBits
is that clip on properly. Personally I'd remove the shaft and have a go at a good service myself and see if you loose anymore Gbox oil. or is the boot split?

Your number 1 priority is to top up your Gb oil, you don't want to loose that.

New shafts can be had from breakers for between £40 and £90

Lionel Richie
i have 2 parts listed (Trophy doesn't for some odd reason, but enter a 172 cup reg and hey presto!)

7701470567 £32.83+vat (x dimension = 25.8)
or
7701470566 £29.41+vat (x dimension = 28)

part number 4 below, get your measuring stick out! ;)
driveshaft.jpg

Lots of Alfas
Its hard to tell if its split or if the clip has become loose. Id be tempted to clean it up and stick a new clip on it.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
Right, I will make a visit to Renault to order some parts this week, thanks for everyone's help, might need to re-visit this come fitting time.

R2TR

Clio II K4J710
I observe the same oil leak on my 2002 Clio 2 1.4 16V (JB1 gearbox). Was it a worn bearing/seal or a torn rubber boot/gaiter?