ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft for 172 (182 fit?)

clio sold :(
Will the 182 drive shaft fit my 172?
I have a split boot on the inner driver side and there's a company recommended to me by another clio owner and they have a 182 driveshaft listed and its a good price.
Carnt find an answer using the search.

MORE HELP PLEASE
I have since ordered a new shaft from a local company and it measured about 15mm shorter in length. Measured from the part that goes into the gearbox to the end of the splines. So I sent it back and they said its all they have available.
So ive ordered another shaft from a different company and its the same its turned up today anf its about 15mm shorter. So ive rang them up and they say it fits perfect its the same shaft for the 172 and 182 dont worry it will fit.
So anyone have any previous experience with this! ?

PH2 Flamer
Best bet is too post up a picture of the driveshaft, and car details.

And wait for someone to say if its correct or not.

You do no you can get recon units from Renault themself? Aren't expensive.

Well this was from a company another clio owner recommend and it was a bargain price. The first one I bought from local dealer was 86+vat and this unit was 55 all in posted with unlinited mileage 2 year guarantee so I carnt argue I just dont think nearly an inch shorter in length is going to fit.
Hold on while I go get a pic.

PicsArt_1367255546780.gif

That's what I measured on both shafts and this new one is about 15mm shorter

Edit have I been a noob? Does it strech out at all?

Lots of Alfas
I would send it back, if your sure its too short you dont want it popping out and causing serious damage, even at full lock it could slip on the splines. I seem to remember there being 5 different driveshafts for the drivers side across the 172/182 range. I can give you the measurements for the 172mk1 shaft, but it will be pointless as that one is a lot shorter than them all.

If you dont mind a trip to nuneaton, give gordon (02476642331) at Renault SRS a call, he will sort you out.

PH2 Flamer
That looks the same as I have fitted to my 172 non cup.

I'd return it. Get one from Renault. Or renparts on here.

If you are measuring the shafts to compare length you need to compress them both on the joints first, where as that looks like its just laid out and sat how it wants.Stand them upright and press down on them side by side.

I will try that because your right I did just lay the parts out
Also this technical chap has told me they have been selling them years . And have sold 100s for my make and model with no come back. They are far better quality than renaults pieces and they even supply the same shaft to people using the clio in competition. ..
So I better double check it really

Not got one in stock at the for the 182, sorry

Its a 172 and whats the price on one of these.

I fitted the new shaft I was sent, after compression they pretty much matched in size so we fitted it checked it over ive had it on the car since Friday ! Only issue I have is now on the odd occasion I can feel the abs feed back lightly when braking to a stop and also when I put any power down it pulls to the right abit and it didnt prior to fittin the shaft so I still may need a new one??
20130504_085316.gif