ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driver's window wont work

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Its been broken for way over a year and I've never bothered cause its never been warm anyway (up until now) but I'll be putting it up for sale soon too.
I changed the internals of the motor with one I bought off here ages ago, it still didn't work, wired it straight to the battery and it did work, so that means the new motor does work. Bought a new switch today thinking that must have broke too, nope, still not working.
Any suggestions as to what it could be please? Pissing me and my dad off trying to sort it lol

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
My dad's checked it all. Still nothing. He says it's linked back to a module that works it all. And he darent touch that.
Also have an abs light on, replaced the rings but it's still on, so that's nackered too. Anyone got any scanning software that could tell me where this fault is? Dreading this losing me a lot of money cause it needs to sell within the next few months.

it may sound silly but have you checked the fuses and relays? can you hear the relay clicking when trying to move the window up or down? if you find nothing wrong with these then i would next move onto the wiring

the ABS fault could be alot of things, it needs to be code read.

thanks

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
It's all been checked, he's spent ages pissing about with it. Wish I'd have just got it fixed when it first went tbh. Thought it was just a motor at 20 quid, wrong there lol