ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers seat airbag has gone off

Petrol Blue 182.
On a 1.5 dci. Chap at works daughter has hit a kerb, resulting in the drivers seat airbag going off. What does he need to do to rectify the problem. Obviously a new seat, but what about pretensioner and air bag light? Remember something about the ecu needing to be swapped or reset?

Once the new seat has been fitted (not sure about the pretensioner) you should be able reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery negative lead for 20 mins or so. If everything is connected up properly, in theory the airbag light shouldn't come back on... But I'd wait for someone with first hand experience to reply :wink:

p.s. Forgot to say... I think you'd need to get the relevant airbag sensor inspected or replaced also.

Last edited:
The airbag module needs replacing to remove the light, or send it off somewhere to have the code cleared.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i have a seatbelt plug lien about can sell to you if you need it for mk2

Petrol Blue 182.
Airbag module easy to replace? I.e can get one down the scrappy? @Dannyeff does it come with pretensioner etc? I'll have a chat with my colleague when I next see him

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I shall take a look. Ta all.
Replace the seat and the seat belt pre tensioner. Wire it all up.
Remove the Airbag ECU (under the ashtray, piece of piss) and send it to this guy;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23436e09d4
Don't bother with a new one £££, and there are lLOTS of different model numbers to even bother trying to find a second hand one.

I've used ^^ that guy countless times (he does all sorts of electrical wizardry) and his service has been 100% everytime. You'll get it back in 48 hours too if you send it 1st class recorded.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No worries. He'll be able to fix all that for less than £100 no bother.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Replace the seat and the seat belt pre tensioner. Wire it all up.

would the seatbelt pre-tensioner need replacing if the belt wasn't being worn?
My passenger side one went off last night with no passenger onboard

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'll know if if needs replacing as it will be about 4 inches shorter than the drivers side.

@levaz

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
lol, fair play.
This all happened around 10pm last night, so tbh looking at it wasn't overly high on my priorities list.
Will poke it properly some point this week.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
You'll know if if needs replacing as it will be about 4 inches shorter than the drivers side.

How's this for a whole kettle of fucked up..
The seat that had the airbag go off, the belt pre tensioner is fine.

The opposite corner of the car, drivers side rear, the belt tensioner has gone.

already whipped out the airbag ECU to get sent off to your guy above ^^