ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver door lock problem

Nothing at the mo :(
Ok il try and explain it :D

eg 1.. I will lock the car with fob.. passenger and boot locks but not drivers.. i then unlock by fob and they all unlock.. i then lock for the 2nd time and this time the driver door locks

eg 2.. is the eg 1 in reverse.. where as i try and get into the car the drivers door will not unlock first time... lock the car bakc up with fob and unlock for the 2nd time and this time it unlocks :S

Jap Box
Mine does this, sometimes drivers door will lock, other times it wont. I just end up using the key to lock the drivers side most of the time as it refuses to do it on its own.

No idea what causes it though as it is purely random, however many times I press the button it wont lock down if it isnt in the mood too :rasp:

Jap Box
well mines a 182 so i only have a key hole on the passenger side lol

Ahh this could be a problem, does yours lock using the central locking button inside when the drivers door is closed, mine works fine when its closed and pressed from the inside, only solution for now would be to lock from inside if it will work, go out through passenger door and then lock that one manually.

Black Sheep
I had this exact problem. Get some WD40 or some other penetrating fluid which i used, with the straw attachment squirt it in the key hole a few times, hold a bit of kitchen towel ect underneath so it does not get on your paintwork. This solved mines as i think the mechanism loses lubracation and stops it unlocking electronically. The cold wont help much either let me know if this worked for you.

EDIT

If you dont have a key hole this wont solve your problem lol but this worked on the 172 i own so it might be worth doing anyway to stop the mechanism sticking for other 172 owners.

Ahh this could be a problem, does yours lock using the central locking button inside when the drivers door is closed, mine works fine when its closed and pressed from the inside, only solution for now would be to lock from inside if it will work, go out through passenger door and then lock that one manually.

If you press the lock button then open a door all the doors unlock again so that theory wouldn't work

Nothing at the mo :(
also its hard to tell cause all of the door locking at once.

BUT im sure if your in the car and press the auto lock button on the dash it locks and unlocks itslf.. i did this last night about 8 times in total and it seemed to work everytime... not fuse related is it for the remote central locking?

Black RS200
Had the same ramdom wont unlock / lock on drivers / passenger door on my 182, was like that for 2 years, would work fine for a month or so then play up for a few weeks.
SORTED it in the end by taking the door cards off and cleaning the contacts where the wire plugs into the locking unit.
Worked every time from then on.
(just wish id of done it when it first happened rather than leaving my car unlocked for days on end or been locked out and having to climb in through the boot)