ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveclub

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What's peoples thoughts then? Had a blast for an hour last night. Couldn't get online but first impressions are good. Game play seems good. Hasn't blown my mind but not upset I've paid for it..

182 - F56 MCS
Have to say I'm not overly impressed so far (played an hour or so) Seems very limited although the Audi A1 sounds good! I'll give it some more time but it'll be traded against Project Cars next month.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It's mildy acceptable. If I'd paid the £50 RRP id be pissed.
It's Real Racing on the iPad but with a controller.
My first thoughts were its ok, then it's alright but now after playing it for even longer. It's guff.
Not next gen in any way shape or form. So hard resisting the urge to buy a Xbone and Horizon 2.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So hard resisting the urge to buy a Xbone and Horizon 2.

This is what I did after playing GT5 on PS3 (Elite 360 + Forza 4). I hope the same doesn't happen again, lol.

I think it's so, so poor. Even on PS3 I'd be disappointed. It will be traded in on the release day of project cars. Although I'm not that excited about that either.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
After playing it a little longer my view is meh! Certainly not next gen good imo.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The more I play this the more I enjoy it. I put Forza 4 on the xbox and then went back to this. I was shocked at the difference tbh.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's gonna happen, Forza 4 is OLD! :tongueout:

I think if you'd try Forza 5, it'd be the opposite, and DRIVECLUB would be sat gathering dust :smiley:
Oh I know that. But my initial impression it was no better. But it really is..lol
Driveclub is like gran turismo so never going to be like Forza. It's the way the cars feel. Very sim like rather than arcade.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The more I play this the more I enjoy it. I put Forza 4 on the xbox and then went back to this. I was shocked at the difference tbh.
If you want a better next gen arcade (ish) style racer Horizon 2 is leaps ahead of DC.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's a little bit less s**t once you play online races with friends.

If you don't get constant error messages that is.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Just got on first race on Driveclub as I can't wait another 5+ months for a driving game. First impressions are ok ish

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Update. The game as a whole is ok, the ai is f*cking annoying because they are glued to the racing line so smash into you. I quite like the mix of race types just wish there was more of it, nearly finished the game already :/

Oh, and the drifting is f*cking sh*t

Last edited:
  LY 200 EDC LUX
I love how the PS4 fanboys bigged this game up for ages as a Forza beater.....

And it sucks, even by their own admission!

I'm still well into Forza 5 at the mo, will deffo be buying horizon 2 at some point though!

LY 200 EDC LUX
They're bigging up Project cars aswell, which to be fair looks very good. But reading the comments on 'Gamespot' leading up to the release of Driveclub was just brilliant. Then it came out and people went very quiet lol.

I played it the other day. The AI is horrendous!

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
This just really f*cked me off
dc91f84d76a7331c982db4a91f75f577.jpg

RS Clio 182
I got this last night - its an enjoyable,pick and play 7/10 racer - nothing more nothing less. Will act as a filler until Project Cars and the new F1 comes out.

Its not a bad game at all,plays pretty much like the Grid games - visual are stunning,some of the sunsets flickering through the trees are exceptional. Really like the rewards and objectives you get throughout races,and comparing times to mates etc.

Its nothing special,but its fulfilled my racing fix after having nothing on PS4 so far hehe.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I got this last night - its an enjoyable,pick and play 7/10 racer - nothing more nothing less. Will act as a filler until Project Cars and the new F1 comes out.

Its not a bad game at all,plays pretty much like the Grid games - visual are stunning,some of the sunsets flickering through the trees are exceptional. Really like the rewards and objectives you get throughout races,and comparing times to mates etc.

Its nothing special,but its fulfilled my racing fix after having nothing on PS4 so far hehe.

You have sold it to me there mate, I need a racing game to see me through till Project Cars

Yaris Hybrid
Just got this today. I have PS Plus so it was £20.

Graphics are really nice but I swear I saw the frame rate drop just once or twice? Although it was weird because it happened on a time trial and not in a race with all the action on screen.

Also somehow Horizon 2 feels smoother even though both games have the same frame rate?

The handling feels to be on the arcade end of the spectrum to me which is neither good or bad depending on your preference.

One thing that I really missed was the trigger feedback from the XO pad. Not having any feel when braking was something I couldn't get used to.

It was fun though, I can see myself keeping going through all the tours. Not much in the way of alternatives on PS4 at the moment but I don't think many people with both consoles would be looking at Drive Club as their first choice.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
This is the first car game I've played on a next gen console and it think it looks absolutely stunning. I do miss the Forza titles though but until PS release a game to compete with Forza, then this is great fun. Some of the photos taken online look amazing. Here's a few I've taken.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150120205355_zpscc0086e8.jpg

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150122202612_zpsd5bae48f.jpg

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150122231600_zps50d71796.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Played this at a mates last night. It's pretty average compared to fh2. What else is there on the ps4 though?

A SHED!
As there is nothing else to play on ps4 at the moment. I picked this up for £20 as a couple of mates I know have this. It's not too bad. I played it before the update and after and the improvements are noticeable. How the hell do you drift though? Mehr.

Picked this up for £15 the other day as I'm bored of waiting for Project Cars.

AI crashes into you, you get a penalty :mad: anoying.

Quite enjoy the online fastest lap lobbies though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really love this game tbh. Graphics are really quite stunning when it rains etc. Oh and they new update with replays is nice. Just keeps getting better. :D

A SHED!
Another update today. Although it's a annoying, fair play to them for trying to constantly improve the game.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had a very quick go this morning before work. Have the update downloading sonits ready for when I get the chance to play.
Seemed pretty good though from my half hour on it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't like this game, I've given it repeat chances but it's just not for me; all the tracks are really narrow, and it's a game that's ethos is 'proper racing' yet the only way to get past people is to brake really late into corners and hit other cars. Doesn't seem to reward smooth driving at all.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Really? I find with smooth driving it's massively quicker. Stick slapping seriously slows you down.